Conned by Vincent <removed>

Terezar
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I ordered a jacket from Vincent <removed>. It took a month for delivery. The jacket was too small. I contacted VB, They told me to return the item and they would exchange it for a larger size. I had to provide the reference number. I paid £15.15 for postage and for signature on return. It is nearly 2 months and i have had no correspondance from VB, despite giving them all the relevant information asked. I have emailed them twice on the whereabouts of my exchange, and even just some recognition of my email content. It has been a costly experience, of which i am financially challenged. Disappointed and annoyed that it appears i have been ripped off. DO NOT TRUST VINCENT <removed>!!  How can a company get away with ripping people off, even though payment was made through Paypal? Any ideas and suggestions please, on how i can get my money back and warn other unsuspecting customers of being ripped off....

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Terezar

As long as you sent it back trackable then...........

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Terezar

As long as you sent it back trackable then...........

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DonnaR2
Contributor
Contributor

This company is absolutely horrible!  You are unable to find many reviews as they are good at removing them.  I ordered a jacket, it took some time to arrive however its HORRIBLE!  Ordered a Large for my sister who is actually a Medium & It does not even fit my daughter who is a small!  The zipper barely works which adds to the horrible quality of the jacket!  I contact immediately for the return and they are trying to force me to keep it!  After looking a bit on line, I see a few posts such as mine that state the items is not as described & too small.  This company only includes a post card that states to contact them for return information.  They are making money by FORCING consumers to KEEP a product that not only does not fit but is of poor quality!  

We should be able to come together & take action against this company!

Login to Me Too

Terezar
Contributor
Contributor

I agree with you, action should be taken against VB. I have learnt that shopping online can be a big con.. Paypal do a great job investigating and trying their best to resolve any problems. I would not purchase anything, without using Paypal. It has put me off looking for clothing online. I hoped finding origianality was a pleasent safe way of shopping. There should be some sort of regualation to weed out the con artists from the genuine products and companies. 

Login to Me Too

DonnaR2
Contributor
Contributor

I hope our comments here help others before they too get STUCK with an item that is not at all of use!    I too am hoping PalPal can resolve this as my claim is actively opened.  😃

Login to Me Too

Cck218Ss
New Community Member

I am having this same problem with this company. It took almost 2 months to get my jacket and finally after asking for a refund they sent it,but it was to small. So they wont give me a refund or exchange it

Login to Me Too

Taothick
New Community Member

I too was conned by Vincent <removed>. Don't trust this company

Login to Me Too

soleil9642

i also have been scammed by vincent <removed>.  i would not recommend anyone buy anything from them.  same thing happened to me.  they sent wrong size coat.  no phone number to contact.   no refund for wrong size.  i measured coat and they have wrong label on it, wrong size by about 6 ".  they refused refund.  in my package was the label of another customer complete with name, address and phone number.  they obviously mixed up our orders, but refuse to acknowledge situation and refused refund.   they are deceptive and and unprofessional.  avoid at all costs.  

Login to Me Too

kstokes
New Community Member

My husband bought a coat for me for birthday gift.  Looked like a US company.  Had GREAT reviews.  Buuuuuttttt they do a good job hiding their reivews.  And they are not US.  it took 6 weeks to get here.  And I am normally a small to medium.  Ordered medium and it fits like an xsmall.  ANd it wasn't cheap!  I contacted company....only way was to email.  And they DON"T DO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES.  Ridiculous.  Totally burned hats off to whoever started this forum because its not the first thing that pulls on google when you search them obviously they are doing a good job controlling the horrible reviews.  people need to me made aware of this crappy company

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.