Conned by PayPal, "Ugee-tablet.com" and "GSD COMMERCE LIMITED" - no response

marsbat
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased an item online from "Ugee-tablet.com" - the purchase was processed online, I received an invoice from PayPal, the money got debited from my account, yet I received no response from the seller, no order confirmation, and no reply from either PayPal or "GSD COMMERCE LIMITED" (supposed seller) upon inquiry as to what happened to my order/money. "focalandroid" (the address for the seller, supplied in PayPal's

supposed "invoice", also non-responsive. Is this how PayPal makes money?

paypal.jpg

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@marsbat

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

marsbat
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, only problem is, there are no Transactions listed in my Resolution Centre on my account - thus I can not lodge a dispute. However, PayPal sent me an invoice for the transaction...???

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@marsbat

Did you pay as a guest buyer?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

debok07
New Community Member

hi i just went through the same exact thing as you, only i bought a computer off www.pipo.com i paid $33.75 for 3 day express shipping i pressed my card through paypal interface. I then received an email receipt and thought all was good. so 4 days later when i still have not received another  communication or tracking info ect i logged on to bank to see that the charge came from GSM commerce limited but from paypal so i said to myself well email them and see whats going on. well 4 emails later with no response i went back to pipo.com only to find that you can no longer purchase any items only view items, i mean it didnt even look like the same place. i contacted my bank told them exactly what i just explained to you, and they did a dispute i received a provisional credit immediately . it was in my account before i was off the phone with the bank. of course they had to let me know if in fact it turned out to be legit or i later receive my item the bank would then debit it from my account. my bank called me back not to long after explaining that it was indeed a fake store designed to defraud people like you and I . please contact your bank and or whatever form of payment you used and you will get it back. so if you used your bank account and or debit or credit card through paypal do not contact paypal bt instead contact the bank or credit institution directly . best of luck 

Login to Me Too

Lukodiablo
New Community Member
GSD commerce limited doesn't sell products, so why they are the billing company? I also get scammed by them. Order a phone from official blackview web sites, but billing is with GSD but there is no order number or response from them for nearly a week.. I will bet that they are bunch of hackers hijacking eshops and taking payment... Btw paypal also did not provide useful solution except recommended me patience and keep waiting if GSD may respond to me..
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.