Confused

Hotcwgrl2holdon
Contributor
Contributor
So im selling a dress. The lady said the money won't show til I ship is this true or not. She said PayPal won't release til I send shipping info.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hotcwgrl2holdon 

Could be this SCAM?

They encourage you to accept a direct Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails may go into your junk/spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Hotcwgrl2holdon
Contributor
Contributor
She keeps saying once I send the dress the email will come back with the money. But yes there is nothing on my PayPal showing.
Login to Me Too

Hotcwgrl2holdon
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you yes sounds it and I didn't want to send it without making sure
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.