Confirmed Receipt then Scammed

ethanneelix
New Community Member
Hi I am right this for a friend who recently made a purchase, the buyer stated that the 21 day confirm receipt deadline would be “too long to wait” and therefore asked to confirm receipt before the item was send, presumably so they could send the item. So my friend confirmed the receipt and when they asked for a tracking number a few days after, on twitter which is where the sale was initiated, they were blocked. The seller has since been seen trying to resell the item. My friend has screenshots of their whole conversation up to where the seller stated that the item has been posted. Is there any chance that my friend would win a claim in this case, due to the confirmation of receipt, but the item not being received.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

ssummersVillage
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @ethanneelix 

PayPal Purchase Protection applies to physical goods that can be shipped and tracked as well as intangible and virtual items, digital goods, and services. Your friend can open a dispute in the Resolution Center if they didn’t receive an item they ordered, or the item they ordered arrives and is significantly different from how it was initially described. This dispute must be opened within the timeframe noted on the transaction details.

You can click here for instructions on how to file a dispute.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.