Confirm receipt (ChargeBacking)

TheAA
Contributor
Contributor

Hello if the buyer send the money through good & services and confirms the receipt will they be able to chargeback?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TheAA 

When sender "confirms receipt", they're asked to forfeit their dispute rights. Don't know whether that means credit card chargebacks as well. Perhaps a PayPal moderator can confirm.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TheAA 

When sender "confirms receipt", they're asked to forfeit their dispute rights. Don't know whether that means credit card chargebacks as well. Perhaps a PayPal moderator can confirm.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

RayaJ
Contributor
Contributor
I have been trying to figure this out for days. I was sent money on Facebook, I accepted and it went to my PayPal. Thing is, I rarely use PayPal. I opened it and it said I need to verify my account before I can accept the payment. I talked to one of the helper people, and they told me since it’s in my available balance I have no way of declining it. If the money stays there, will the money be refunded after 30 days? Is there a way I can issue a refund before that or transfer it somewhere else because when I try, it says it does not work!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @TheAA, @sharpiemarker, @RayaJ,

Thank you all for reaching out on our Community Forum! This is a great question, thank you @sharpiemarker for getting the ball rolling on this one! Your help is always appreciated.

When reviewing our Buyer & Seller Protection, it looks like that "Confirm Receipt" in relation to releasing a payment hold does not factor into whether or not a buyer can file a dispute or not. Buyer's Protection remains intact regardless of the "Confirm Receipt" option. So yes, they would also be able to file a chargeback with the credit card company as well. 

@RayaJ, you're experiencing something else entirely. I would recommend reviewing the following Help Center articles for assistance:

What can I do with my personal PayPal account, PayPal Cash account or PayPal Cash Plus account?

PayPal’s Customer Identification Program (CIP)

Hope that covers everything! Have a great day everyone,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.