Confirm email address for account I did not create

70decilon
Contributor
Contributor

I received the following message in an email account which is NOT the one for my PayPal account

"You’ve just created a new PayPal account. Please confirm your email address to let us know you’re the rightful owner of this account."

I did not click to confirm.  Should I be concerned about this?  (I realize that it COULD just be a mistake).  Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey @70decilon,

Uh oh! Like you said, it sounds like either someone created an account with your email by mistake, or the email you received is a fake email. Hopefully the issue is resolved soon!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey @70decilon,

Uh oh! Like you said, it sounds like either someone created an account with your email by mistake, or the email you received is a fake email. Hopefully the issue is resolved soon!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.