Confirm Identity

Klyteimnestra
Contributor
Contributor

So I got this email hours ago and I don't quite get it. What limitations? What milestone? Won't I be able to make transactions anymore on my PayPal account? I already provided valid IDs but I'm stuck with the "Proof of residence" because I currently live with my parents and I don't have any documents as of the moment to prove my residency here.

"Thank you for choosing PayPal as your preferred way to pay and get paid.

Providing our customers with a safer payment environment is important to us. As part of our continuous efforts in delivering this commitment and complying with regulatory requirements, we need you to confirm your identity at a particular milestone with us.

You're about to reach this milestone with the total transactions on your account approaching your account limit. Please provide more information to confirm your identity. Just click the button below to provide the required documents. 

Please complete the identity confirmation process at your earliest convenience. The information you provide will be protected. For details please refer to our Privacy Policy."

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Klyteimnestra,

I'm sorry that there is any confusion regarding the email you received. The milestone refers to the transaction threshold at which identity verification becomes necessary based on our procedures and/or regulatory requirements. I regret that without documentation that meets the requirements, a PayPal account cannot be used. 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Klyteimnestra
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Olivia Okay, got it. Is there a time limitation for me to provide the documents required? Are they going to close my account?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Donna

Hello Klyteimnestra,

Thank a great question.

You are given 45 days to upload the requested information. After that, a further limitation is put in place.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.