Confirm Identity Failure

MarzSG
Contributor
Contributor

I keep running into the same problem over and over.
This has been going on since about November 2019 if I recall correctly.

PayPal notified me via email (and on the dashboard) that they required to prove my identity (even though I have been a customer of theirs for years now).
After providing all relevant information (including a copy of my driver's license), they then sent an email stating that my driver's license was not a valid identity document. I then uploaded my full South African ID document to which the website dashboard accepted.
This is where the problems start.
After uploading, the dashboard still has a notification that I need to upload documents. If I proceed to follow the notification, it states:

"Thank you for providing the required information. We’ll get back to you within 2-3 business days. "

Unfortunately, this is an endless cycle where the notification remains and clicking on it does naught to fix it.
To add further to the problems, I have tried contacting PayPal both via email and their own messaging system for roughly 5 months now (spanning several emails/messages) with no response as well. Understandably, staff response will be slow now but this goes way before the quarantine start time.

Now my account is been "Further limited" and I am still not able to get in contact with anyone to get assistance.
Does anyone have a way to resolve this?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.