Concerned with Pearsandpeaches web site

sue168
Contributor
Contributor

I bought something from this store but now I feel I may have been scammed.

Trying to communicate with them about the wrong tracking number I was given but they don't answer my e-mails.

Has anyone had any experience with this store? Are they genuine or a scam?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

Ravenshaw65
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered an item 3 weeks ago. No news on any channel since then. 3 emails. Zero responses. There is no phone number on their website. My suspicion multiplied by 1000. I will now put the PayPal police on the case.
Login to Me Too

LucidKitsune
New Community Member

Boy, I wish I had done some research before ordering from this company. My problem is pretty much exactly like everyone in this thread. I ordered a product (without researching, stupid me), got a tracking number like 3 weeks after my order, but the tracking number wasn't valid. Their customer service replied to me ONCE and only once saying "oh this sometimes happens, give it a while to update". It never did, so I wrote back 3 different times over the course of 4 weeks requesting a refund, and no one ever responded. Still have never received the thing I ordered and am currently waiting on my PayPal dispute. Really hope I get my money back, what a waste 😞 

Wish there was a way we could shut this company down. 

Login to Me Too

Ravenshaw65
Contributor
Contributor
You nailed it. And the next company to shut down is PayPal! A) they give you stock answers to questions you didn't ask. B) they give you N reasons why the problem is your fault. C) they look for every excuse not to take action. D) they look for every excuse to justify why your claim is invalid. In my case, they claimed that my order was not approved and thus does not qualify for buyer protection. Uhhh... Heh? Then who sent the email confirmation of order and payment with the PayPal logo on it and from a PayPal email address? Vladimir Putin?
Login to Me Too

sue168
Contributor
Contributor

Yup, you're right! I had the same experience  on another claim but with Pears and Peaches I was lucky enough to be compensated. 

So sorry this wasn't your experience as well.

@Ravenshaw65 

Login to Me Too

jayreech
Contributor
Contributor

P&P is a scam website.  I got my money back through Visa, but DO NOT shop at P&P.

Login to Me Too

PompeyPaul72
Contributor
Contributor

The details of the directors names and addresses are all available on the Singapore Companies House site, should anybody want to contact them and give them their thoughts.

Login to Me Too

Ravenshaw65
Contributor
Contributor
Good on ya! I hope they get arrested
Login to Me Too

PompeyPaul72
Contributor
Contributor

They are ouright scammers and are gaming PayPal's dispute resolutin. The scam works like this:

1. You order something

2. They do nothing until you open a dispute saying it didn't receive

3. They then ship the item and smile seetly at PayPal that the item shipped

4. PayPal close the case

5. Item arrives and is not as described, some cheap Chinese copy

6. You are unable to dispute it a second time so stuck with it.

In this way they are gaming PayPal policies and ripping off their customers. They are based in Singapore so unlikely you can visit or start litigation with them. Out right fraud supported by Pay Pal.

Login to Me Too

sue168
Contributor
Contributor
That's amazing. I wonder why PayPal does'nt ban them. Anyway, I've learned my lesson and stopped buying from companies whose adds pop up on FB,Instagtam etc....
Login to Me Too

PompeyPaul72
Contributor
Contributor

That's why there are so many posts about people not receiving their items. They don't send them, until the dispute has been put into place, otherwise people will dispute the cheap junk they've been sent and they wouldn't make any money. They can't send your token item, until they have the dispute firmly out of the way.

It's outright fraud.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.