Complicated inaccessible account.

Uran47
New Community Member

Hello. I will go into a lot of details so you will be able to understand what my situation is so it is easier for you to understand and hopefully help me with my problem. I am currently 19 years old,the first PayPal account I opened was with my mom on her name,on her email and on her card. I didn't know how PayPal worked so I accidentally opened her account on the US site which asks for US based address,phone number etc. I somehow found a address but I never specified a phone number as it was not needed. I used this account for receiving money from a website called PlayerAuctions where you can sell or buy games. I used it mainly to sell games and used this account to collect the money since the website uses PayPal and Skrill and I decided PayPal would be better and safer. After not using either the specified website or my mothers PayPal account for a while I ended up coming back to selling a new game and on the website the money is withheld for a couple of days to prevent fraud or theft, fair enough. So I tried to open my mothers PayPal account only to find that it is asking for US based phone number which I do not have because I live in Macedonia. So the account basically got stuck, and I thought okay this should not be a problem, I can change the disbursement account email on the website on a newly made PayPal account made in my name, which is this one, and this time make sure I carefully chose the country and phone number and what not. As I go to the website I find out that the websites way for changing the PayPal email was not working so I contacted their support. They said that they would try to help me with a email I got after a day, after 2 days it turned out it still wasn't working so I had to contact a different help desk to go through the email change through phone to also confirm that I am the owner of the emails and not trying to pull any tricks. After the phone call went well I was told the email change would take 1-2 days, and the money from the game had 3 more days to be received. 3 days went by and still no disbursement account email change and the money that was received through the websites account was immediately sent to my mothers PayPal account which is now inaccessible. I contacted the website explaining them how and what happened and I also wanted to contact you here to see if you can help me in any way either. I can provide proof that the PayPal email is my mothers.

EDIT: I contacted support on my newly opened PayPal account from Macedonia and was informed that for this issue I need to contact US Base Support for PayPal and that makes sense, but to do so I must login to write to them in the first place so I have decided to try the forums.

I was also told that I can not in fact receive money on my PayPal account from Macedonia but instead only send money which means that the only way solution now is to hopefully somehow retrieve my mothers PayPal account.

Thank you for your time for reading this I hope there is any way that this can be figured out without bothering anyone too much.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.