Complicated Situation -- Please help -- Dispute

Tanvir14
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a 407.57 GBP watch from eBay from a seller based in London. Once I recieved the watch upon inspection I requested a return on eBay because the watch could not keep time well, and was very bad. Seller accepted the return. At the same time, I foolishly opened up a PayPal dispute, and I didn't know eBay buyer protection gets voided after a PayPal dispute gets opened. I returned the watch back to the seller via USPS and it cost me apprx. $50 USD to send it to him, upon recieving it in his local post office he did not accept it because of customs+vat and said he would not pay it -- and that he would be sending it back to me. Now, eBay couldn't help me out b/c it was voided but they did side w/ me, and said if I didn't open up a PayPal dispute that I would've recieved my money back in this situation.

Now since eBay buyer protection is cancelled out all I had to rely on was my PayPal dispute that I had going on. Keep in mind that the seller said he returned the watch back to me however he didn't even give me a return shipping code/tracking number. After all of this, I he said over eBay messaging that he would give me back $60 first (for shipping expense on my end) and the rest (407.57 GBP) if I cancelled the claim. I recieved the $60, thinking that this guy is trust worthy -- however he still didn't give me my 407.57 GBP that he owes me and is giving me lame excuses every single time. I called PayPal and they reopened the claim for me and said this will go to their back office team, and that I will have an anwer by 11-2-2020, now if PayPal asks me to ship this back to the seller *which they did the first time, that was thier ruling* how can I even do that if I haven't even recieved a tracking number or anything -- for all I know he has the watch and is lying to me saying he sent it back. He definetly is scamming me because he said multiple times through eBay messaging that he would give it back once I cancelled the claim -- and once I said "you are definietly scamming me" all he replied back was sad face emojis..... This is pathetic.

I apologize for this long post, and I wish that some people would help me out. I definetly learned my lesson. But I'm afraid all my money will be to waste and that on top of that I won't even have the watch.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.