Complaints to PayPal in their handling of disputes

mcqueenster
Contributor
Contributor

I need to make a formal complaint to PayPal regarding their method of dealing with disputes and claims. Anyone figured out to do this? Paypal appears to make this very difficult to do.

It appears from the resolution centre that I can only engage with PayPal if I have a dispute with another a buyer or seller, but not make a complaint directly to PayPal around the way their policies are applied.

My most recent dispute demonstrates a large hole in their customer buyer/seller process. Throughout this recent dispute I had minimal involvement and decisions made that I could not provide detail to. (the dispute process in the resolution centre is very restrictive on who and what information can be displayed)

Be wary of selling anything using the paypal payment system. Ebay provides the selling platform but it seems they do not need to get involved in any disputes. The dispute can go directly to Paypal , and it can be escalated from a dispute to a claim on the same day without any communication with the other party in the transaction. It is only at this time the other party is notified of the issue.

Some clever paypal users have figured out that they can receive an item, decide they don't want it any more, record it as "not as described" provide no more supporting information and say they have posted it back to the seller. All without any involvement or agreement with the seller.

All Paypal needs to reverse the payment transaction is to see a proof of posting. No checks are made with the seller that the item has actually arrived and is in the condition it was sent, or even if it was the same item that was sent. Many items are on ebay as no returns unless significantly not as described. Paypal appears to ignore this when managing the dispute process. The buyer should be responsible for confirming why the item is not as described and communicate this to the seller before requesting a return. Paypal doesn't check for this and provides a refund automatically, leaving the seller with a negative paypal balance and potentially no item, a damaged item, or a completely different item to that sent.

Has anyone else has similar PayPal experience?

Login to Me Too
59 REPLIES 59

brentoliver1
New Community Member

Paypal are scammers since they started. I told myself i was never gonna deal with them but here i am complaining when i knew very well what was gonna happen. there greedy and its pathetic how poor their support team is giving how long paypal been around. you get more done doing your own due diligence with platform. but im not mad at all though. just thought i give a few jabs on this terrible platform before deleting my account.  

Login to Me Too

shar3411h
Contributor
Contributor
I have been trying to deal with PayPal for almost 2 months. I purchased a dog bed through PayPal but when it arrived it was not at all like it was on the ad. The company has stop communicating so I don’t have a good address to send it back. My case is still open but PayPal is only willing to refund cost not shipping even though the site stated free shipping on purchase over $39.99. I sent pictures of ad/shipping fees as well as the picture of the “Dog Bed”. I just don’t understand why it takes so long to get the appropriate refund with all the evidence. Do not buy from diyfeeling.com!! They had the nerve to tell me the picture shown was a small bed and I bought a bigger one. I stated “Do you use the same amount of stuffing no matter how big the bed is?” No response!!
Login to Me Too

Lisako
Contributor
Contributor
Same problem so i have stopped using my PayPal credit card. I am going to use my regular visa cards from banks because they do protect their customers. Buyers beware! Despite all the scams we are complaining about to PayPal, they won't respond, they take the word of the scammer without any questions to you, they are nearly impossible to contact. I joined PayPal as a deterrent to online scammers. Since PayPal is not honoring that i will be moving on.
Login to Me Too

ONDAFLYABACO
Contributor
Contributor

1000% BIAS TOWARDS SELLER. ORDERED A DEWALT CORDLESS FAN AND INSTEAD GOT USED FACEMASK FROM CHINA. NOW PAYPAL HAS CHANGED THE DATE 4 TIMES TO RESOLVE THIS. ABSOLUTE CRAP. I JUST FILED WITH BBB ALSO 

Login to Me Too

water_bear

I had a very similar problem. My auction clearly stated that there is a 3 day handling time. I have a full time job and busy life aside from eBay.

Well the buyer decided 3 days was too long. He opened a case against me on Paypal accusing me of failing to ship the item. This put a hold on his payment. There's no way in the world I'm going to ship an item to some guy without the money in my bank, so I just gave him a refund. Now Paypal holds all my payments because they suspect I won't ship.

This is a terrible platform for sellers.

Login to Me Too

Purnima11
Contributor
Contributor
I did not receive the money yet in my account
Login to Me Too

dalmore_pam
Contributor
Contributor

If you find out how to make a Formal Complaint that please let me know! I've given up now and had to put it down to experience as I was just going around in circles trying to send messages and photo-evidence, and getting absolutely nowhere.  I think is a sham form, looks the part but goes into some black hole.
The lesson I learned was to avoid PayPal at all costs (literally) when acting as a Seller which means I won't use Ebay to sell any more, fine to use either as a Buyer normally, although I know some people have had bad experiences too.

Login to Me Too

Valentino9
I have the Same problem. 1 Juni I bought a toy car from China, it came on 20 juni Brocken, I have send it back on 9 july the chines company payed me the postage on 5 August. It took me 2 weeks to complain to paypal and ebay, ebay war saying complain to paypal, paypal sayed complain to ebay. After 2 weeks I did the complain. Now came the result. I did not give them enough Prof. I relised that paypal is corupted, the get percentage from the company. They mske money from us using they app. Bevor I will close my account I will complain to Financial Ombutsman Services an another european consumer Services paypal is a scam. Do not trust this **bleep**.
Login to Me Too

very-confused
Contributor
Contributor
It was wonderful!!! It finally got resolved. It was crazy for a while but it did get taken care of.
Login to Me Too

Johndeliware68
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal told me my canceled subscription was complete on their end but are waiting for their tech department to fix an issue that apparently multiple customers are facing. I was supposed to receive $52.99 in my account yesturday as it was the 10th business day. I received a call today saying the same scripted line they keep giving me after telling me my issue will be fixed soon "that there is no money going to be put into my account" that is theft. They owe me this canceled subscription as it is not their money, it's mine. I have filed with the Better business bureau and waiting on their response. PayPal is corrupt.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.