Complaints about returned items.

Bossman77002

Has anyone had this situation?   I had a buyer buy an expensive item (small package) through eBay that was sent with USPS signature tracking.  The item made it...according to the eBay system...but I learned that a call tag was left on the buyers door, and was returned back to the buyer's postal station.  The buyer told me he went to pick it up, and said the post office couldn't find it..(so I was told).   Ebay sided with me saying that a call tag designates a delivery because it was scanned by the buyer's post office as "ready for pickup".  The buyer then went to PayPal, and filed a dispute.  PayPal granted a refund to the buyer because there was no signature.   Fast forward....and this is important to remember....  I was told by the post office that signature tracking does not necessarily require a signature and in fact, I have been handed many shipments with signature tracking without requesting a signature.  I have spoken to the postmaster at the buyer's facility by phone.  He indicated that the package did come back to the post office to be put on the shelf in the back for pick up or re-delivery...but funny how it can't be found anywhere back there now in this secured, "employee-only" area of the post office.  My suspicion is that the buyer was handed the package without signing for it...and got to keep his refund, and the postal employee that may have just handed the buyer the package doesn't want to be reprimanded.   I'm totally out the money.  So what I have learned is that SIGNATURE tracking is not necessarily the safest way to mail items sold....but to just mail them regular first class tracking.  By doing that removes the ability for a buyer to scam you on the no-signature thing since PP does not recognize or uphold USPS policy, and will ALWAYS side with the buyer. But the good news is that eBay is working on their own payment system and hopes to have everyone moved away from PP by year's end.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.