Complaint

Georgerv
Contributor
Contributor

Over a week ago I received Paypal security message asking for my authorisation on a booking.com transaction. I replied with '2' indicating it was not me who carried out the transaction and this was fraud, however the payment was still allowed to go through. Tried solving issue in the resolution centre, Paypal determined the transaction was authorised and therefore not due a refund, even though I replied to the security message accordingly. Sent numerous emails to Paypal with no response, left with insufficient funds in my account to pay bills thanks to this companies pathetic security and fraud measures. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

bellah_24
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @Georgerv thank you for letting us know what you're going through. I belive you have opened a dispute as unauthorized transaction,correct? If we denied it because the IP address was just the same,then the system detected it was authorized unless your phone was stolen and someone else did the transaction using your device. I just want to ask what kind of payment are we talking about? Is it booking for a flight?hotel reservation? We can reopen a case with the correct reason if that's the case. If this was payment for goods and services and you never received it then it's going to be "Item NOT Received" please let me know more about this transaction so I can guide you on how can you ask and get your refund. I know that this is the most difficult time for all of us,so every single penny is important. Let me help you with your concern and I am hoping that you'll get your refund. If this post or any other was helpful, you may enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.Stay safe and take care.
Login to Me Too

Georgerv
Contributor
Contributor
Hi @bellah_24, I shouldn't even have to be disputing this transaction. PayPal sent me a security message, to which I replied appropriately saying that it was not me making the transaction, yet it still went through? And then PayPal have the cheek to deny a refund through the resolution centre even though over the phone an employee told me that the transaction is clearly fraud?
Login to Me Too

Georgerv
Contributor
Contributor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.