Complaint

SaeedMohamed
Contributor
Contributor

Pay Pal froze my account. They requested documents from me. I uploaded the documents about a week ago and the status shows complete yet my account remains frozen. I have sent through e-mails requesting the hold to be lifted and no one is responding to my e-mails or removing the hold. I am in South Africa and calling internationally for me, is a problem so I can only send e-mails.
If I knew that this is the type of service they provided, I would never have used Pay Pal.
I would like the hold to be removed from my account so that I can withdraw my money.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SaeedMohamed

May be a few weeks dependent on how busy they are and if the documents supplied are accepted.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SaeedMohamed
Contributor
Contributor
Wow. That's crazy🤦‍♂️. Thank you for your response👍. I'll check again in about 2 more weeks. 🙇‍♂️🙏
Login to Me Too

Captnjj
Contributor
Contributor
I had something similar happen. They froze my account for 5 days without notice, because they say that there is a new login with an unrecognized device, Even though I told them it was me. The thing that upsets me the most, besides not having customer service available to take care of it on day one, they also blocked me from selling my bitcoin, Just before it plunged, Costing me a lot of money. After five days, I got a simple message to change my password and the limit was lifted. I don’t know if any of the people purchasing bitcoin through PayPal realize that at the whim of some algorithm they, will lose their ability to trade their investment, Until paypal finds the time to review the account. I will be closing my account. Good luck to all others that may have this happen to them.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.