Company sending invoices even though they lost the dispute. Now threatening debt collector. Options?

Temp20200920b
Contributor
Contributor

What can I do to get this company off my back. I purchased an item way back in the first week of May for a price of about 400 euros.

It never got to me and after waiting about 68 days I opened a case to Paypal and after a further 21 days I got a refund via Paypal, making almost 80 days total since the original purchase date. The company never responded to the Paypal dispute or claim. Though almost immediately after the refund was processed by Paypal, they started emailing me saying "We have not received payment yet" (they had my money over 2 months).

I politely reminded them the situation and thought that would be it. I got further invoices over and over, each time I reminded them and sent the reply emails to any address I could find for their company.

Last week I got a letter in the mail with multiple "overdue" fees and a threat that they will sell the debt to the a collector agency and this will cost me greatly. So now they are threatening me.

Tracking shows the item was never delivered. I've a phone recording talking to the post-office that claims the item was lost and that as the customer I cannot do anything because the company that sent the item must be the one to start an investigation. I have called their office once and the person I spoke to told me they would not send further invoices, but they are still doing so.

What are my rights in this situation? Can I get someone to contact them on my behalf so they leave me alone? I made this post here because I've never been in a situation like this before and the company is overseas, but still part of the EU.

Really would appreciate some info thank you

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.