Company Scams me then scams PayPal

prestoli
Contributor
Contributor

I've been dealing with this scam Chinese company that claimed to sell jigsaw puzzles since May. After waiting weeks for delivery and multiple refusals by the company to refund my money, PayPal opened a dispute. Unfortunately the company scammed PayPal by giving them a phony tracking number for a package too small to contain the items I purchased and PayPal denied my claim. I tried to submit a new claim with evidence that the tracking info is phony but got a "Let's try that again" error message on Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. I gave it a few hours for PayPal to resolve the technical error and logged in only to find that PayPal did receive the new claim on all 3 browsers but immediately closed them because "this transaction is ineligible for PayPal Purchase Protection." Ridiculous. I see a few other stories in this community about companies sending tracking numbers for obviously fake deliveries but PayPal accepts it. In my case, the manufacturer of the puzzles even posted on their website that the Chinese company is an unauthorized retailer. But PayPal seems to be OK with scams. I ended up reporting the company to the FBI's Internet Crime Complaint Center and The Better Business Bureau.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Corey1994
New Community Member
Seems to be happening with a lot of people? I sent over 15 screenshots with all the information they asked! Saying there's no transaction? Thing is I sent a screenshot of receipt from PayPal, they still can't find it? Really sad especially at this time, when people are out of work, struggling....PayPal does seem to allow all these chinese stores to scam us! Sad thing is, this isn't the first time it's happened me.
Login to Me Too

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

The only thing you can do now is to contact customer service in message center. Start a chat and get past the bot questions to live agent, then you need to persuade him/her to help you, some reps are not willing or unable to help then ask for another, or a supervisor, persist till someone listens and understands your version of story.

If youo funded the transaction with credit card, you can file complaint with CC company as last resort.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.