Company Messing With Me

midnightjasmine
Contributor
Contributor
I just don't know what to do. I bought a bodysuit from a company. It wouldn't close at the crotch despite being too big and me now being tall. I emailed the company about a return and they told me that I ordered from a Chinese sector and I could order one closer to home which I did. It had the same issues. I was going between the two wondering about getting one tailored but I decided to return both as I couldn't think of a solution. I left my partner to put it in a parcel. I must have confused him as we sent the wrong item back. Bare in mind these are identical body suits and both were together and being looked at put down, other picked up, put down etc. After sending the parcel I have messages from the company on various social media. They didn't seem happy. I apologised, explained and said I'd pay for it to be posted to me and I'd send the correct item back for a return. The thing is, they claimed it had been washed. This was clearly said because they were angry. The items were kept in sealed bags in a clean cupboard in a spare room. They were only tried on. There's no air fresheners, nothing like that. I responded to tell them this. They are not kind and come across as devious in emails. It later changed to smelling of perfume but I explained I don't wear perfume due to breathing condition. They carried on and later told me to smell the item with a wink emoji. That's worrying. They had given me an option to buy something else and be sent the dress. I tried to do this. The same person in the emails was active on the live chat and therefore on the website. The way it works is you order, get a confirmation and then pay meaning they can see my order before I pay. I ordered items but the PayPal wouldn't work. Then my basket was empty. I went to order again but my size was gone in one of the items I ordered. I did it all again, the next size I had chosen was gone. Then the next and the next. Suddenly the option I had chosen for delivery was gone leaving the expensive option. Then the prices went up on the items I had chosen. What in the world. I'm starting to think they are annoyed with me. Is it because they think I purposefully sent the wrong dress to avoid sending to China? Little do they know on the same receipt to them I sent something to China. It also shows it wouldn't have been very much more to send to China. Little do they know I was sending both bodysuits and arranged to send the other to China. Meaning I had every intention of sending them both back to the correct place. I now need to send the correct body suit to them but it's worrying. I'm almost positive that will tell me that it has been washed also. The body suit was £90, I paid £13 to return and £40 on buying something else to get the item returned which was my choice to do it that way. I feel I'm going to another £13 returning the correct item for them to say its been washed and me having to pay to get it back. Now the Chinese sector are not answering me. That's £180 for both bodysuits I can't return. I need to know how to prove something hasn't been washed or smells. What if the company have sprayed it with perfume? They did tell me to smell it with a wink. I have no idea how to go about sorting this out. What do you do if a company are lying? Especially about a smell? Or messing with you in general?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@midnightjasmine 

Can you edit that a bit with just the facts.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.