Company Closed Down

PaulTurner1971
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,
I made a purchase to a sports event back in July, but the company went into administration yesterday. Do PayPal cover you in this instance or do I need to pursue my refund through the administrators of Pure Challenge?
Thanks,

Paul

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

Paulnikki
New Community Member
I rang PayPal, couldn't help as it was out of the 180 days, said to ring the bank.. who also couldn't help, n that I need to contact them directly
Login to Me Too

EsteeF
Contributor
Contributor

You won't be able to contact anyone at Pure Challenge - they have shut down their e-mail address, so any communication you send will not be received.  

@Paulnikki wrote:
I rang PayPal, couldn't help as it was out of the 180 days, said to ring the bank.. who also couldn't help, n that I need to contact them directly

Login to Me Too

Teddybluesong
Contributor
Contributor

I've been round in circles with my bank and PayPal..both passing me back to each other..apparently myPaypal account is essentially set up to pay as a direct debit but because this is paypal the direct debit guarantee doesn't apply..if it  had been set up via my bank card the bank would have sorted it..allegedly..

The moral is when paying for races in the future stick it on your credit card as Paypals protection just doesn't work in this situation or when paying for a service it seems.. very pooer ( in the words of Vic & Bob)

Login to Me Too

kazfee
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Did anyone manage to get anywhere with getting the money back?

I paid for this in June 2017 but tried to cancel with Pure Challenge as I could not make it. I was unable to cancel but I was able to transfer to another person

They took her full details and it was accepted that all future correspondence would be sent to the new person and I no longer had my place.

Well I knew they went bust but did not look into if people got their money back or not.

Until today - the lady has come back to me to see if I can claim back the money to give back to her.

I tried my bank first and they sent me to Paypal. I have just open a dispute but after reading these messages it does not look like it is covered.

Not happy at all. Did anyone manage to get anywhere with administrators

This is just not fair to people - I now feel bad for this lady as she is out of pocket.

Thanks

Karen 

Login to Me Too

PaulTurner1971
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Karen,
In short, no.

Been too long for bank to repay and as for Pure Challenge, they are just a joke. Even more annoying is that they've just reopened as Outdoor Escape:

https://outdoorescape.co.uk/#

Login to Me Too

sysamm
New Community Member

Same here, if anyone sorts anything out, please let me know!! 

Login to Me Too

TERRYW63
Contributor
Contributor
I paid last year so finding it hard get anything back. PayPal payment protection policy isn't worth the paper it's written on. And as for being able to contact them , well that's a joke
Login to Me Too

alitalia
New Community Member

ebay  that it will stop working with PayPal as its back-end payments service in 2020 and will start to move a small percentage of its payments volume to a new partner later this year. paypal they are ripoff 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.