Communication barrier? Or extortion?

cwbsartist
Contributor
Contributor

A seller on Amazon sold me a defective product which had to be disposed of. It was sending out toxic fumes and I never considered boxing it up and shipping it back. I left a negative review stating that it had been disposed of, and the seller contacted me to “make it right”. I was issued a full refund, but in the meantime the seller was begging me to delete my comment. I simply amended it indicating good customer service, and suddenly they have opened a dispute with Paypal, stating that they did not get their product back.???? What to do? They suddenly only communicate in Chinese.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi cwbsartist,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum!

Can you please clarify where you purchased the item? Amazon does not use PayPal as a payment processor on their website. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

cwbsartist
Contributor
Contributor
This was through Amazon, a private seller who indicates a very small company. I paid Amazon but had to get my refund through PayPal. Meanwhile, they have dropped the case and in turn I erased my review entirely. Now they email me daily to get the review off their product site or they will lose their job. It’s getting old.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Cristina

Hi @cwbsartist.

I am sorry for the confusion. As mentioned before, PayPal is not used as a payment processor for Amazon.

If the payment is in the Activity page of your PayPal account, this probably means that that you have paid via PayPal. In general, a seller cannot open a case via PayPal but only the buyer. 

Please, check your PayPal Resolution Centre as well and your Amazon payments.

I hope this helps.

Cristina

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.