Closing the account and opening a new one with the same email and credit card information

tzemilesina1970
Contributor
Contributor

Hey! I am about to close this account and open a new paypal account using the same exact info. The reason I am doing is because I moved from Europe to the US and there are some limitations. My question is can I open a paypal account using the same exact info after I close my account? Will I face any issues? Thanks in advace!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Callie

Hello @tzemilesina1970

Thanks for reaching out and that is a great question! Once an account is closed, that information used on a new account you create without issue. So long as everything goes smoothly with closing the account, you can re-use the same email address, phone number, and financials. If you do run into an issue with this, please reach out to us at that time so we can take a closer look into what could be happening. 

Hope that helps!

Callie

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_Callie

Hello @tzemilesina1970

Thanks for reaching out and that is a great question! Once an account is closed, that information used on a new account you create without issue. So long as everything goes smoothly with closing the account, you can re-use the same email address, phone number, and financials. If you do run into an issue with this, please reach out to us at that time so we can take a closer look into what could be happening. 

Hope that helps!

Callie

Login to Me Too

Kabal2021
Contributor
Contributor
Hey! I am about to close this account and open a new paypal account using the same exact info. The reason I am doing is because I moved from Venezuela to the Argentina and there are some limitations. My question is can I open a paypal account using the same exact info after I close my account? Will I face any issues? Thanks in advace!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.