Closing a limited account that I can't remove the limitations from

ChrisEver
New Community Member

I started setting up another PayPal account for a community group that I am treasurer of for the purposes of donations and payments. The bank account that I linked it to is a Natwest Community account- these bank accounts do not have debit nor credit cards. Payments are by online banking or 2 signature cheques only. On realising this I stopped the registration process and tried to delete the account. 

I cannot delete the account as I have limitations. 2 hours of webchat and phone calls and then an email from the back office team tell me to remove the limitations by uploading a statement of my credit card.....read the above, I can't do this like I said!

Furthermore I am being asked to upload mydrivers license or passport. I am not willing to do this as I am trying to close an account that I have not even opened so this should not be necessary. 

I am in a ridiculous catch 22 situation. I and the other Trustees of our charity would like the account closed asap. Please note I am posting this from my personal account, not the charity account I am trying to close. Thank you

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.