Closing a case?

JackieB67
Contributor
Contributor
I have an open case but the seller is saying that if I close the case then they can refund me the money, as apparently it is frozen? I've had lots of problems with the seller, so I don't trust them. I don't know what to do!
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @JackieB67,

Thank you for your post and thank you for being cautious! Please do not close the dispute until a refund has been given. The seller can refund the transaction through the dispute. If you close the dispute, the seller will not be beholden to refund, and the dispute will not be able to be reopened. If the seller refuses to refund the transaction through the dispute, it can be escalated to a claim and PayPal's Purchase Protection will come into play.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

JackieB67
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the information, the seller has tried everything to get out of giving me a refund and I thought that the money wouldn't be frozen, if they genuinely wanted to refund the money! Thanks again. Jackie
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.