Closed case with no investigation.

CarolynD9
New Community Member

I bought some items from a seller and it been nearly 1 month I have not receives any word, so I tried to message that person about it and soon, they sent a tracking number to Paypal. However, upon further inspection, me going out to the courier personally, It turns out the tracking number that the seller gave Paypal wasn't real. I mean they took someone else's tracking number and gave it to Paypal. The sender of that tracking number was from an industrial company delivering it to another company, with the address being different, receiver, and the person signing it being different as well. I talked to one of the agents about giving them the proof that this wasn't a real tracking number but before I could Paypal closed the case! I know it's a hard time for everyone right now, but why scam someone out of their hard-earned money? Paypal isn't giving it a second thought before closing my case. Does anyone know what number I could call to talk to someone about this? If you do please let me know.

Thank You

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @CarolynD9

I Apologize how your case was handled. I agree that we should be reopen this. Reopening a case can only be initiated through customer service and they will only reopen the case once you have the proof, evidence or document that can refute the original case decision. Here's how to keep in touch with customer service:

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages.
Use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in.
Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
OR
You may contact Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter

Stay safe! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.