Closed/Permanently limited account

MrMostology
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal has my stimulus funds in an account that was closed last year on December 16th. The also have permanently limited my then active account that was thoroughly verified and had no limitations. I can only log in and look. My stimulus was sent to H&R Block, who was the last company that did my taxes. Even though I did my own first stimulus. On the 4th and 6th of January PayPal received my stimulus checks totalling 1200. I had immediately reached out to them and they claim the account isn't closed, and it took a week of me repeatedly sending the proof of notifications and screenshots of my inability to log in because email and phone number were unrecognized, and giving them the same information they needed over and over again that they explicitly asked for, to lift the limitations that were placed after it was closed, before someone believed me that it was in fact closed but mysteriously reopened a couple days before the stimulus arrived. After two weeks of being told the back office department/ concerned team will resolve it within 72 hours, and being told that they in fact hadn't yet, despite several escalated tickets sent there and reassuring promises they were on it mind you, I snapped and said this is why people go into businesses and people get hurt. The entire time I informed them how destitute my family is: waiting for NY unemployment and social services for help, no bus routes here and miles from the city, it's snow and ice here mind you, lost car in October and lost our jobs because of it, begging for any help from anyone to keep our son and us fed, lost internet and that's our only way to communicate or for our son to attend school because covid, and nothing was being done to give us our stimulus which is ungarnishible by the way. I'm bipolar and schizophrenic and ADHD, with a horrible traumatic brain injury from '99 that left me in a coma for almost 3 week, seizures for over 2 years, and a horrible memory. I snapped. Inexcusable, I know, but I did. Despite waiting for weeks for this special unreachable department to move and do anything at all, Immediately the back office department/ the concerned team closes my use of PayPal down, deleted the exchange of messages for that entire time leading up to it, and tells me that my 1200 in that closed account is being used to pay for two fraudulent unemployment checks. Guess the total? Yeah... 1200. The payments are actually the exact same amount as my stimulus, and in their hurry to close me down and delete the proof of their neglect and abuse and unlawful decisions, they failed to realize that their accusatory instruments for keeping my stimulus money, which is illegal as the IRS declared, is in fact just my stimulus. Which they still have not given me or allowed to be returned to other customers, despite offering that at one point. So...any advice anyone? I also have everything, including chat, messages, emails, and recorded phone calls, copied and sent to everyone here at PayPal, the Better Business Bureau, IRS, Department of Treasury, and H&R Block. The media will be next. All I want is my 1220 stimulus, and why keep it when they really can't legally, especially considering the reasons behind it are lies. Lol
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.