Close or keep claim case open?

Blue_wolf26
Contributor
Contributor

I'm at a bit of a crossroad here. A seller finally responded to my message when I opened a paypal claim about never receiving the item. They told me that there was a shipping error and they can resend item if I'm willing to wait another week. I can either choose that or a refund. The problem is I still want the item but if I close the case and say it was resolved and then end up still not getting the item, I can't reopen the case. Should I accept the reship offer but keep the case open untill I get the item? (I have untill Oct 21st untill auto close)

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Blue_wolf26

If its at the dispute stage then you normally have up to 20 days before it times out, but as long as you escalate before the 20 days deadline is up and make it a CLAIM then normally paypal gives the seller another 10 days to provide trackable proof of delivery.

NEVER close a dispute / claim until you have a cleared refund or the item. Even if the item is on the way and you win the claim as the 10 days have passed you can always pay the seller again when the item comes.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Blue_wolf26

If its at the dispute stage then you normally have up to 20 days before it times out, but as long as you escalate before the 20 days deadline is up and make it a CLAIM then normally paypal gives the seller another 10 days to provide trackable proof of delivery.

NEVER close a dispute / claim until you have a cleared refund or the item. Even if the item is on the way and you win the claim as the 10 days have passed you can always pay the seller again when the item comes.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.