Close an account with balance

JavierMuñoz
Contributor
Contributor

As the title implies, I would like to close an account that has balance in it -around 3 or 4 euros, not much- but it is a limited account, since I had some troubles with payments done without my permission and such.

I just want to close this Paypal acccount without having to verify it again by linking another credit card. Is there a way to just get rid of the balance? Or maybe close it and donate the balance stored in my account?

In short, I don't want those 3 or 4 euros anymore and I want to get rid of the account ASAP.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JavierMuñoz 

Even if you can, its unlikely you can close an account that has been limited unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JavierMuñoz
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 
I know the chances might be slim, but when I tried to link my debit card to the account, I got an error. So, in a way, I was hoping to find a way to close the account without having to solve that problem, since it would be very time consuming to fix that error just to close an account right afterwards.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.