Client refund on digital goods.

EanW
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I’m currently having an issue where a client wants to refund on a digital good. He approved of the logo the day before asking for a refund on the logo I created for him. The next day he messages me and asks for half of the money sent for a refund. But I do not do refunds on logos due to the amount of time and effort it’s takes towards creating one for the client to his specific wants and liking. He has also received the files for the logo which is an issue because if he ever was to win a dispute he would still have the files and able fo whatever he wants with them. Client: Looks great thank you so much (Next day) Client: Good morning so me and the partners have went over the logo did a vote pull 2-1 and we liked the old one better. We liked that yours was clean but the old logo just fits better on our shirts and etc. We are asking to see if we could be refunded half of what we paid we are sorry for the unconvinced sincerely Jordan Me: I’m sorry, but I wouldn’t be able to offer a refund. I spent hours creating for a cheap price (I normally charge $50) and it would be very hard for me to sell to someone else. Is their any possible way I could make it better for you guys to keep? After a few minutes he then replies with a new idea ( he wants a completely different logo then what was originally created) on what he wants and says “ Let me speak to them but we are also looking for a different thing like the word sunset in a cirlce like this so if you find that easier we would settle for something like that cause atleast we can still use it and all it has to say is SNST CREW that way you can keep the money and all parties can be happy“ Issue is I do not want to create a whole new custom logo considering I have already created one he approved of before asking for a refund and he doesn’t not want what I created anymore. And if I was to refund, I would only have $15 out of my normal price of $50 What I’m asking is, would he win a dispute if he ever made one with PayPal asking for a refund?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.