Cleanyos is not legit???? Not verified through BBB but using Paypal

Octbaby
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone know about a site named Cleanyos? They are selling Lysol Products but Lysol did not provide permission or products. They are using Paypal to collect money. Anyone know about this? Seller name is James <removed>?  but the email address is not legit. Any information? 

Login to Me Too
175 REPLIES 175

sgksgk
Contributor
Contributor
IT IS FRAUD! REPORTED TO PAYPAL AND CREDIT CARD. DO NOT USE. EVERY ORDER RECEIVES A REPLY FROM A DIFFERENT NAME.FRAUD SCAM .THIEVES
Login to Me Too

inkylinx
Contributor
Contributor
Ordered $53 of Lysol *very hard to find* products online at www.cleanyos.com on 7-14-20, paid via PayPal (merchant was *HANTINGSHAN). Credit Card attached to my PP account was charged $61 on 7-15-20... which caused me suspicion for the additional amount.   PayPal activity for this charge shows a (bogus) tracking number that was mailed from Illinois on 7-1-20 (14 days PRIOR to my ordering the Lysol products) and "delivered" on 7-10-20 (again, 'supposed' delivery was made PRIOR to my ordering).  There was also no contact method attached to the PayPal Seller/Merchant's name.  I received no email confirmation of order (luckily I took a screenshot when the order was finished), and when I tried to sign in to my account on their website today (7-15-20), it would not let me sign in, nor could I get an email when I clicked "Forgot Password" link - in effect, I had no account. Submitted PayPal dispute, but it appears from reading others' complaints regarding this Merchants charges from PayPal, that PayPal  allows them as being legitimate??  This is NOT a legit business, and they are scamming hundreds of people out of thousands of dollars.  Have filed a dispute against the PayPal charge with my credit card company/bank.  Filed a report with Better Business Bureau.

I feel these scammers are taking advantage of people dealing with the COVID-19 crisis and should be punished severely.
Login to Me Too

Psykotherapy
Contributor
Contributor

So the site is apparently back up, where it was down on Tuesday.  When I try to logging in, all it does is tell me invalid password.  I know the password I used,  The only confirmation I received for my "order" was via Paypal.  Never received any communication from the seller at all.  Yet Paypal deems this a legitimate business.  The complaints are racking up daily, as well as the requests for inquiries about fraud and yet Paypal is just allowing money to be stolen from people.  Complacency of Paypal is just as awful as the scammers.

Login to Me Too

Ghostinthesound
Contributor
Contributor
Like i said...file the dispute the correct way. Waited 10 days seller didn’t respond to PayPal...got my refund back at 3am. Yes I was stupid but I filed the correct way and I got my refund back. Yes it stupid they wouldn’t allow me to cancel the transaction but now that’s on PayPal. They just ate the cost of the refund .
Login to Me Too

Jeep4X4
New Community Member

This is a fraudulent web site and if PayPal is not returning our funds through their fraud department perhaps instead of BBB it is a UDAAP issue for CFPB and the state attorney for cleanyos.com home state?  Obviously this fraudulent site is forcing customers to use PayPal due to their policies handling disputes.

Login to Me Too

CorvetteElaine
Contributor
Contributor

Just want everyone to know my story.  I ordered these Lysol products on July 11 and realized immediately that it was a fraud.  I filed a claim with PayPal on July 11 for an "unauthorized charge" which was denied.  I changed it to "did not receive" which was accepted.  The full refund was in my bank account today, July 28.  Try that avenue and keep at PayPal.  I did and think they gave me the money to shut me up!!  🙂 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.