Cleanyos is not legit???? Not verified through BBB but using Paypal

Octbaby
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone know about a site named Cleanyos? They are selling Lysol Products but Lysol did not provide permission or products. They are using Paypal to collect money. Anyone know about this? Seller name is James <removed>?  but the email address is not legit. Any information? 

Login to Me Too
175 REPLIES 175

Jeannie2020
Contributor
Contributor
Will paypal not refund our monies? Why is Paypal allowing these people to continue this?
Login to Me Too

xDKarter
Contributor
Contributor

Is really concerning how Paypal is allowing to fraudulent sites to use their services, there is no  a single response to this issue in the comments from costumer service, is like Paypal does not have customer service at all, even messages are not being responded, I use to use Paypal because I thought it was secure, trust is just broken. 
Cancellation of payment is not possible even when the charge is pending. The worst thing is that the site still there, active taking people money, taking personal information and neither google, banks or Paypal do anything to avoid the fraud and give people money back.

Login to Me Too

Jeannie2020
Contributor
Contributor
I agree 100%. I had my debit card cancelled and that is the card on Paypal. I wonder how to get Paypal held accountable for letting this go on? Can we file a class action suit against them?
Login to Me Too

xDKarter
Contributor
Contributor
Want to update about my situation, I filed a dispute with the reason of not receiving the items, then PayPal tried to contact the seller to clarify (of course PayPal will not receive ever a response from them) Since seller didn’t replied back to PayPal, then PayPal closed the dispute on my favor. I received my money back after 10 days from when I made the most stupid mistake in buying from internet. Now the page no longer exists, I hope everyone gets their money back.
Login to Me Too

swade1
Contributor
Contributor
I agree I foolishly thought that if I paid thru Paypal it was safe. Apparently not. This isn't fair and PayPal needs to get to the bottom of this.
Login to Me Too

Jeannie2020
Contributor
Contributor
I did too. I had no idea Paypal does not investigate people before allowing scammers to use them as a method of payment.
Login to Me Too

Spwilliams57
Contributor
Contributor

I placed on order on 7/10 and when paying through PayPal I saw that the payment was going to a person ("ADELITAMARTINEZ") but didn't make a big deal of it since I figured that if it was a scam I would be able to get my money back via PayPal.  Actually that's the only reason I ordered because I could pay via PayPal.  I'm usually pretty good when it comes to scammers but figured that paying with PayPal if I didn't get the items I could get my money back.  Since I can't get in touch with the seller to ask for a refund (email was returned; number busy) I've filed a dispute.  I know that PayPal has to go through the regular procedures for refunds so when July 16 comes and I'm pretty sure I won't have received the items, I'll be able to go back PayPal to escalate.  Everyone who paid via PayPal should file a dispute.  I don't know how they can not honor purchase protection policy; "When buyers pay with PayPal on any website, PayPal Purchase Protection covers them in case there is a problem. If an item doesn’t arrive or is significantly not as described, we will help buyers get a full refund."  I think when they start having to refund all the money paid to these scammers they will stop!!

Login to Me Too

vbadri
Contributor
Contributor
Did PayPal return your money, because they not even letting me open a claim for this
Login to Me Too

deeten
Contributor
Contributor
First you would need to reach out to vendor to some how resolve getting $$ back but we know that this is a fraudulent website using many alias. Then if you get no response from vendor then go into Paypal Resolution selecting the Vendor in question, select problem to then escalate to placing claim. Provide the outcome information into your claim...that you did reach out to the vendor but got no response or what ever the outcome and wait to find out claim status periodically.
Login to Me Too

Bubbitk
Contributor
Contributor
They would not let me open a claim. I contacted my credit card.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.