Cleanyos is not legit???? Not verified through BBB but using Paypal

Octbaby
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone know about a site named Cleanyos? They are selling Lysol Products but Lysol did not provide permission or products. They are using Paypal to collect money. Anyone know about this? Seller name is James <removed>?  but the email address is not legit. Any information? 

Login to Me Too
175 REPLIES 175

Ghostinthesound
Contributor
Contributor
So how long did it take for them to complete the sale? Cause I just got fooled by this earlier today and it just says authorized but hasn’t been completed. I removed all my cards from PayPal and moved my PayPal balance to another card and left the balance at 0.00. The back up card is a prepaid that has 0.00 on it so I’m hoping they won’t get anything. Did your charges go through immediately or did they wait and charge mire than the authorization?
Login to Me Too

tickedoffff
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal stinks.  I'm going to drop them after this fiasco.  What a joke.  Maybe I will contact out attorney general here in NY .

Login to Me Too

snakes956
Contributor
Contributor
just got my case closed stating that in was not covered by the PayPal protection policy, If anyone gets a refund on this scam let me know, PayPal is not taking it as a serious matter and I'm just getting agitated about the whole situation. Hundreds of people are being scammed daily and it will continue unless paypal does anything about the matter.
Login to Me Too

Jjlynnj1962
Contributor
Contributor

Keep bugging them. Contact their authorized use policy. This email came from that. They want let you put email address on here, but it's the <removed>: How do I report sales, transactions, or websites that violate PayPal policy? If you encounter a website that you feel may violate our Acceptable Use Policy, please send us an email at removed Please be as specific as possible in the message you enter, and include a description of the prohibited. Sincerely, PayPal

Login to Me Too

tickedoffff
Contributor
Contributor

Nope-Paypal refused to help me also.   This is ridiculuos!    It's a CRIME.

Login to Me Too

Psykotherapy
Contributor
Contributor

I cannot even load the Cleanyos website now.  I am wondering if they removed the website.  If so, is that not a valid enough proof they are a fraud and we can get our money back from Paypal?

Login to Me Too

kucheryl
Contributor
Contributor

Just had the same issue.  The pending payment is to "Willie <removed>" with an address link to Ohio.  Clearly not legit, and why has Paypal not taken action yet.  I immediately tried to cancel payment.

Login to Me Too

KnightAngel
Contributor
Contributor

Those **bleep** at PayPal will not allow me to close my account because my case is still pending! I know they are not going to refund my money, but I'm afraid these scammers can still take money from my bank account. I HATE PayPal.

Login to Me Too

CorvetteElaine
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal has now denied my claim twice!!  I am still pursuing that.  I just got off the phone with the fraud department of Bank of America.  Because this was a third party (PayPal) charge, they can only put in a claim with PayPal and only for the difference between what I bought ($53.24) and what I was charged ($60.00).  I'm not happy about that but it is a start and hopefully PayPal will wake up to what has been going on with all of us.

If anyone has made any headway, please post and let us know.

Login to Me Too

tickedoffff
Contributor
Contributor

They WILL take your money.    It will go from Pending to Paid out.   Happened to me.   PayPal will not stop or block the charge even as it was still pending.   The authorities need to be notified.  This is a CRIME & paypal is allowing it to happen.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.