Cleanyos is not legit???? Not verified through BBB but using Paypal

Octbaby
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone know about a site named Cleanyos? They are selling Lysol Products but Lysol did not provide permission or products. They are using Paypal to collect money. Anyone know about this? Seller name is James <removed>?  but the email address is not legit. Any information? 

Login to Me Too
175 REPLIES 175

CorvetteElaine
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal also closed my case, but I then entered "unauthorized usage" and finally got someone to respond.  I explained several times what was happening to me and to all of us, and she referred my issue to the "Dispute Team".  They got to me and said they had sent the seller an email and if he doesn't respond by July 20th, my money would be refunded.  I am not counting on that so will go through my bank, Bank of America, tomorrow when the charge is posted.

Login to Me Too

Computermaveric
Contributor
Contributor

One would think PayPal would not allow the seller to charge a different amount than what the sale is for.  If it is not for sales tax then there is a definite problem on PayPal's end that would allow that.  PayPal will never acknowledge any short comings on their end.  The same group has another website where they are doing the exact same thing.  It is obvious the group that is doing this has nothing but stealing in mind.  I would have thought PayPal would be more responsive.  Shows the extent that customer service in many ways has suffered. PayPal doesn't seem to realize they would not be the business they are without buyers.  The issues with these two websites will end up costing PayPal many customers and tarnish their reputation.  

Login to Me Too

swade1
Contributor
Contributor
I was charged a different amount also. I was charged 68.00 the purchase amount I authorized was 59.43. When I filled out report Paypal says it was a authorized purchase and case was closed. How can that be? I never got my issue resolved. I feel like I got scammed twice.
Login to Me Too

snakes956
Contributor
Contributor

I have also been scammed from this webaite, by Gau <removed>a charge of $62.29 . I didn't realize until after purchase when I never received a confirmation email, then I went to the website and so the contact information for the scam business and noticed things looked suspicious, then read the policy. Just so terrible that PayPal is doing anything, and that the website is still up and running and has not been shutdown to stop these crooks from victimizing others.

Login to Me Too

Computermaveric
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal has definitely been outwitted by this group and continues to be outwitted by them.  The group probably has several selling accounts they setup well in advance and if PayPal gets the where-with-all to close one - the group easily switches to another one - thus the reason for all the different names of the sellers the sales are being charged by.  PayPal is out of their league on this one.  Your best bet is to report the transaction as a fraud with your credit card or bank and cancel the credit card. 

If you must use PayPal - buy the PayPal gift cards and put the credits on your account - then thieves can only get the maximum of the credit you have in your account - say $20, $40, etc.  Like anything else on the Internet - it is a crap shoot on whether you are dealing with a legitimate and trustworthy merchant, whether you will even get it  delivered and if so whether the product is worth a sh_t.  I have gotten to the practice of doing more and more business with the company named after a jungle - rain forest and then try to deal with items that are shipped directly through them - not from Acme products, etc.  Same with W_a_l_M_a_r_t.  WM is starting to do more and more free shipping. 

Login to Me Too

snakes956
Contributor
Contributor
There is another website similar to cleanyos that could be the same people scamming customers has anyone heard of this one CLEANNULA.
Login to Me Too

Apeck
Contributor
Contributor

I saw there was a similar one called "Cleanyula!"  Beware!

Login to Me Too

Jjlynnj1962
Contributor
Contributor
Strange how you can't list a website here, but this one showed with a link and still up and running! Www.lysol.com. report issue to real lysol company.
Login to Me Too

Jjlynnj1962
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, that's the one I used. Same story-went to chrisy <removed> and charged me 58.00 when supposedly was 50.00. I went through the chat when I could not reach a person at PayPal. Was automated at first but I kept saying I need to speak to a person. A couple of days later, I started receiving texts from live people on the same chat thread. They seem to be trying to resolve. They said thanks for bringing to our attention. I had been sending very detailed messages and even copied emails into the chat. I kept using phrases like "i trusted site because it appeared to be endorsed by PayPal, so I thought it was a distributor or something" and "this would be easy to investigate, I don't understand why PayPal is allowing it to continue,etc". Not sure what finally got the attention of live people because I sent emails to every possible PayPal email and called every possible phone e number I could find. <removed> <removed>, i even contacted their merchant sales services and media and public relations. Don't let up. It was only $50 but I am on a mission to stop them.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.