Cleanyos is not legit???? Not verified through BBB but using Paypal

Octbaby
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone know about a site named Cleanyos? They are selling Lysol Products but Lysol did not provide permission or products. They are using Paypal to collect money. Anyone know about this? Seller name is James <removed>?  but the email address is not legit. Any information? 

Login to Me Too
175 REPLIES 175

lj467
Contributor
Contributor
I messaged PayPal this afternoon about this bogus firm since there seems to be multiple seller names involved & that there’s dozens of us on this Community site that were ripped off; & that they should at least read the messages here in addition to helping anyone with a dispute. AND I sent them the email I received from the real Lysol corporation saying that they are not connected & they would be taking action. If that doesn’t speed things along, wow. Keep on filing dispute claims & be aware of the date PayPal advises that you can escalate the claim if the seller fails to respond. I’ll never get a response from the seller since I emailed him, told him he was reported & I found his email and IP address is based in Russia. Take care & don’t let up on your claims.
Login to Me Too

Jockewing
Contributor
Contributor

Well let me throw my name in the hat for having been fooled into using Cleanyos.com by way of google.   I actually purchased $95.66 and immediately noticed an individual named Nathaniel showing in the "paid to"  section.  Like everyone else I thought it  strange that the business name didn't appear and it showed that I literally made the purchase tomorrow... yes you read that correctly (today being 7-11-2020).  I have a PayPal Master card and was able to call them directly after not being able to get to anyone from PayPal and they immediately  refunded me my $95.66. 

Login to Me Too

ChMarCooke
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased Lysol products this morning the name on the business was Raxanne <removed>. I never got a confirmation email, but didn’t think much of it. Shared the info with an attorney friend of mine who needed Lysol products and when he googled it found it was a scam! I contacted PayPal and was informed they could not cancel the pending transaction. Contacted my bank who cancelled the transaction. It is a shame when people are scamming others during this pandemic.

Login to Me Too

Jeannie2020
Contributor
Contributor
My bank could not cancel the "pending" but told me after it was paid to call back and file a dispute.
Login to Me Too

THEPARKIE
Contributor
Contributor

cleanyos is a scam

Login to Me Too

WIg61
New Community Member

I just recently found this company online. I have sent an email inquiring about the company. I have not received a response. I have noticed that the business number and fax number are the same. I have called the phone number that is listed and it just rings.

Login to Me Too

Hunchkie

Me too! Tried to cancel o. PayPal just to prevent the crooks from getting the money... too bad they won’t cancel until it is too late. Hope my credit card will at least cancel... 😩

Login to Me Too

Mswalsh30
Contributor
Contributor

Just got an email saying my cleanyos products were delivered on June 27 when we just placed the order July 10. Would love to know how they pull that off ugh. So frustrating we knew right after we placed the order it was fake and yet PayPal wouldn’t do anything then after it posted the resolution center still said the transaction wasn’t eligible for PayPal protection. This is ridiculous and frustrating. The worst part is not knowing what the end game is of this group since they seem to get access to info. So many people are falling victim to this scam you would think PayPal would act much faster or better yet just do something. 

Login to Me Too

LadyT4
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happened to me. I was charged 52.90 but on my statement it has $59.00 for a Thi <removed>. I contacted PayPal to no avail

Login to Me Too

devag0617
Contributor
Contributor

I contacted PayPal - they closed the case and told me to contact the seller. Although I informed them that the phone number did not work. Oh and after the fact, I tried the email and it returned to sender. lol

When I attempted to look up the address, it brought up the Little Tykes store.  Of course, I echo everyone else with the different name being displayed and the increased charge amount. I am officially removing my cards from PayPal and finding another source. I thought PP was supposed to provide protection and allow me to cancel the transaction. Now I will have to attempt going through my credit card. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.