Cleanyos is not legit???? Not verified through BBB but using Paypal

Octbaby
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone know about a site named Cleanyos? They are selling Lysol Products but Lysol did not provide permission or products. They are using Paypal to collect money. Anyone know about this? Seller name is James <removed>?  but the email address is not legit. Any information? 

Login to Me Too
175 REPLIES 175

Apeck
Contributor
Contributor

The same thing happened to me. Charge was $51  but Paypal paid $58. filed a dispute and "seller" sent me a tracking # for an item which was delivered from someone else weeks ago. HOW DID THIS "SELLER" get my old tracking number?????  Step up PayPal!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Jjlynnj1962
Contributor
Contributor
I was wondering that too! I also filed ad complaint with Google and the pay palmedia department. Finally got a message from a real person today.
Login to Me Too

CorvetteElaine
Contributor
Contributor

Jjlynnj1962, what did the person say??  Did he/she just give you the runaround??

Login to Me Too

Jjlynnj1962
Contributor
Contributor
It was from the chat that had previously just been automated responses. They acknowledged that I checked out as a guest and asked for last 4 digits of my credit card.
Login to Me Too

Jeannie2020
Contributor
Contributor
I have never gotten through to a live person.
Login to Me Too

Review100
Contributor
Contributor

1 File a dispute with PayPal

2 File a dispute with your bank

3 File a dispute with the BBB

4 File a dispute with Ohio (They say they are operating there but they are not). 

5 Change your PayPal password enough if is 2FA (Two Factor Authentication). Could be a key reader. 

6 File with a dispute with Lysol (Not sure how their allowed to operate under Lysol from Malaysia)

7 Send emails to your local news stations and ask to run a consumer report story to inform other people. 

Any other ideas? 

Login to Me Too

CorvetteElaine
Contributor
Contributor

The tracking # that they said they used was from an Amazon order I received a week or so ago.  So, I went onto Amazon and changed my password plus added my phone # as a second verification.  

Login to Me Too

Jjlynnj1962
Contributor
Contributor
The scam websites are still up and running and collecting payments via PayPal! As far as I'm concerned PayPal and Google are participating in the scams by not doing anything about it.
Login to Me Too

Jeannie2020
Contributor
Contributor
It sure makes a person wonder, doesn't it?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.