Cleanyos is not legit???? Not verified through BBB but using Paypal

Octbaby
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone know about a site named Cleanyos? They are selling Lysol Products but Lysol did not provide permission or products. They are using Paypal to collect money. Anyone know about this? Seller name is James <removed>?  but the email address is not legit. Any information? 

Login to Me Too
175 REPLIES 175

Bubbitk
Contributor
Contributor
They will not open a claim. I called my credit card company.
Login to Me Too

lj467
Contributor
Contributor

I called my bank & they are attempting to block the purchase, I called them within 5 minutes of realizing I paid someone named Roach! The merchant's name is now "Roach" I see from reading these comments that the company name has been changed more than once. WHY does PayPal take no action, you'd think they would block a scammer once they receive a few red flags. 

Login to Me Too

defjoeb
Contributor
Contributor

They got me also. The contact name was Kathryn Bostich. Everything on the web page is fake. Reported them to PayPal (doing nothing about it), Amex (doing nothing about it), Google (doing nothing about it). Looking for a government, or law enforcement agency who will give a crap. You mistakenly trust companies like PayPal, Google, etc... to do their due diligence. 

Login to Me Too

Jjlynnj1962
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing happened to me with cleanula.com and I can't even file a dispute because I checked out as a guest. Have not been able to email or speak to PayPal because everything is connected to my account and automated. I contacted the real Lysol.com and they emailed that they are turning in to their legal department. I wish they would file something agaist PayPal for continuing to allow this. I have to drive 5 hours to my bank to file a dispute in person before they can do anything.
Login to Me Too

Shanikanene
Contributor
Contributor
If you find a government agency please reply and let us know. This is horrible and Im tired of losing my money and using what is supposed to be a trusted site to make payments through. I even read what was suppose to be their reviews. I should have not depended on their site reviews.
Login to Me Too

KnightAngel
Contributor
Contributor

I also ordered Lysol products from cleanyos.com. I paid through PayPal and the money was deducted immediately and paid to someone named Adelita <removed>. My actual purchase was for 53.66, but $61.70 was taken from my account. I was offered free shipping if I bought $50.00 and it would be shipped through DHL. So I got suspicious because of the extra charge and I never received a tracking number or receipt for my purchase.  Found out their address and phone number is bogus. The address they use is actually for Little Tikes Toy Manufacturer and the phone number belongs to UTO Toys. There is no way to find out who this Adelita <removed> is and you can't talk to a live person at PayPal. Has anyone been able to get their money back?

Login to Me Too

Jeannie2020
Contributor
Contributor
It doesn't appear like anyone at Paypal is stopping this. After talking with several Paypal customers who have fallen into this type of scam I was told that Paypal keeps the money so doubt we ever recover.
Login to Me Too

Ourbabies
Contributor
Contributor

All the same here. Did not receive order confirmation after ordering, I always get one with every other order. The USPS delivery confirmation they send is actually what you see when tracking your package, ie: the step by step of where your package is. At least here, after delivery I get a notice from USPS in just plain text. Doesn't have the green sectioned progress strips. Delivery notice also said delivered 7/6...really, I didn't even order the package till 7/11. How can you receive something you haven't ordered.

Currently waiting on PayPal to give me a decision on refund. I think that's supposed to be by 8/8. Capital One did tell me if I did not receive items they would remove charge from my card. We'll see.

Login to Me Too

Shanikanene
Contributor
Contributor

I am having this same issue. Paypal will not allow me to fill another dispute to get my money back. I will never use them to pay for anything again. I have emailed and this is really frustrating. On paypal the person name is one thing, on my bank charge its Adelita Mart, and the website is [removed]. This is really sad. My bank keeps denying the credit back to my account because they need item by item descriptions now the site is no longer available.

Login to Me Too

CorvetteElaine
Contributor
Contributor

Keep at PayPal.  Tell them you never received the goods so, therefore, you are entitled to a claim!!  Don't let up on them!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.