Class action suit against paypal

Lisha3
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone filed a class action suit against PayPal for keep their money? The customer service with PayPal is horrible, and PayPal owes me money.

Login to Me Too
103 REPLIES 103

Melissag530
Hi. Yes- I was scammed by someone in China. PayPal stopped doing investigations like they used to. I switched my business over to Square recently because of their actions
Login to Me Too

DisKatt
I’m in the exact same situation you are. Counterfeit item from China and for a refund I have to spend $63 to ship it back. Come to find out it was sent from California and both return addresses are under investigation for the seeds that was sent out summer 2020 across the US. So they want me to commit mail fraud and be out $63 shipping on a counterfeit item.
Login to Me Too

LSweet1
Contributor
Contributor

I have recently been scammed also by a company in China for a substantial amount of money.  This company insisted that we use PayPal and I thought oh well PayPal is safe.  Wrong answer!  PayPal immediately denied my claim with no explanation.  When I contacted the company they said to just file with PayPal for a refund and then that PayPal never contacted them at all about a dispute.  My bank told me to immediately remove my checking account number and to only use a debit card with PayPal. That they could have reversed the charges had I not allowed them to do automatic draft.   I wonder if the owners of PayPal are Chinese.  So far since then when ever I try calling and auto message tells me they cannot help me and to feel free to email them. I will not give up and will began searching for an attorney this week.  

Login to Me Too

Takeaction
Contributor
Contributor

Like most conglomerates, PayPal has done its best to insulate itself from its paying customers. A 100% automated customer service is meant to frustrate anyone who tries to interact with it. My problem, and most, could be solved quickly with a simple person to person contact. I will be submitting complaints with both the FTC and my state’s Attorney General and will contact all of my US Congressmen.  I may also be forced to take the small claims court route, although corporations can stall forever even with a judgment in your favor.  The bottom line is we need much tougher regulations for unscrupulous businesses like PayPal coming from the federal level, so keep your Congressmen’s ears busy. I’m tired of the excuses and the constant misdirections.

Login to Me Too

gosabgo
Contributor
Contributor

You are on the right track as I shared my story with BBB and FTC.  Hoping for a good response.

Login to Me Too

GraingerInc
Everyone who is having issues with PayPal needs to write their Congress person, Federal and State Attorney Generals, the SEC and any ripoff report entity that will listen. There needs to be legal reform so that when you have no choice but to use a service, the terms of service isn’t “automatic” and it’s just ridiculous that it is allowed to put a clause in that exempts them from Class Action. These types of decisions have been overturned but it will take the victims joining together. I am not having the kinds of issues with PayPal as others have, but I am absolutely sick of their mistakes and fees. This new policy of not refunding fees on returns is costing me quite a bit as a seller, small business. It’s pure greed as the stock is doing well and the company is very profitable. The only choice I have is to stop using eBay. Good luck to everyone who is having issues with this.
Login to Me Too

ItsmeJo
New Community Member
Ok so now I’ve gotten denied 3xs for a purchase I did not receive. The merchant provided tracking so once it stated delivered, PayPal automatically denied my request; mind you after providing documentation from UPS that I in fact did not receive my pkg, the address and name was different, PayPal still denied my claim. This was the third time. I have in fact asked for human interaction on my claim. I am awaiting the results.
Login to Me Too

homerlea
Contributor
Contributor

The practical solution is to sue in small claims court for most people. It is easy and cheap and pretty much guaranteed to be successful.

Login to Me Too

homerlea
Contributor
Contributor

You are not likely to get actual human interaction from PayPal. Everything is computerized. I am not sure that they have any humans except for lawyers so you will need to sue them to get what you want.

Login to Me Too

gosabgo
Contributor
Contributor

I disagree - got alot of real people contact with my situation and got my refund

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.