Class action suit against paypal

Lisha3
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone filed a class action suit against PayPal for keep their money? The customer service with PayPal is horrible, and PayPal owes me money.

Login to Me Too
103 REPLIES 103

homerlea
Contributor
Contributor

They only owe me $5400 so I will be filing a small claims court case... easy and cheap as soon as they open the courts again here in San Francisco. I will have to file a suit in the regular courts about them putting me out of business for no reason after 20 years, apparently kicked out by some algorithm that they don't understand. So much for artificial intelligence

Login to Me Too

LSweet1
Contributor
Contributor
They have since written into their policies that no one can bring a class action lawsuit against them but if anyone find way to do this... I am definitely in!
Login to Me Too

Katkat33
My sister and I ordered something for usfitwear.com our items never came and now PayPal is denying our money back. I’m ready to sue at this point.
Login to Me Too

gosabgo
Contributor
Contributor

Similar problem with me.  a new member of eBay sold me a product worth 400.00.  The item got lost, and I had to notify them them know and  all of the sudden, the item was delivered but not to me.  I opened a claim with eBay and PayPal but no help as I never received the item even though it said it was delivered.  They vote in favor of the new member of eBay and not a long time customer as myself.  So I'm out of 400.00

Two week prior, had the same situation with a 50.00 item.  They Seller got two tracking numbers mixed up and I had to call the carrier myself to fix it and found out the tracking number assigned to my item was shipped to another address for another item.  Notify the Seller and then they supplied me with another tracking number a week later.  I had to resolved both mistakes of the Seller but only one item was shipped.  Don't know where the expensive item went.

So I contacted my financial institution like eBay recommended and they got my money back but now PayPal said I owe them not for the 400.00 not my 20 years old account have a negative balance for the first time because of a new  member of eBay scam me out of the money and the item.

Login to Me Too

carrottipped
Contributor
Contributor

So in my situation, where the seller provided paypal with a tracking number that came back as delivered- the case was closed. I had to go through my financial institution and dispute it on my credit card. THANK GOD I used my bank's credit card and not my bank account or paypal credit, bc my bank protected me and has opened a dispute with Paypal. In the meantime here is what I did. Maybe it will help someone. I went to the USPS website and logged in to my Informed Delivery (you can sign up if you don't already have it). There they keep some photos of your mail and list your packages, etc. The seller's tracking number was there, showing as delivered, but I did not get anything. I clicked on that tracking number and payed a small fee for premium tracking. I think it was around $6.00. BEST MONEY I EVER SPENT. From there I tried to file a claim for my missing package attached to that tracking number and was unable to do it bc the USPS site said that was an invalid number. So at least I had that. About a week after that I received an email from the SUpervisor of Customer Services at USPS stating where the package originated from, and that is was delivered in my town, but to an address different from mine. They do not provide the delivery address. There was a number provided to call USPS Fraud Dept, and I was encouraged to take the email to my local police station and file a fraud report. I did both those things, and I also filed a Federal Fraud- IC3 Complaint Referral Form and reported the incident. (Form Link) I compiled all this information and sent it to my bank. I also sent it to Paypal but the only thing I received from Paypal was crickets- no response. I am now just waiting for my bank to confirm the case is closed, and I expect it to be closed in my favor. I also called our local News Consumer Advocate and told them everything. Someone from the station called me back and they are investigating- hopefully this ends up on the news so I can record it and blast it on every video/chat forum I can find. I hope everyone that has been cheated/is a victim of someone and their partner in the crime-PAYPAL- gets their money back. I am disgusted and am closing my Paypal account as soon as this is resolved. I will never use them again, and I won't deal with anyone who insists on using them. I am now spending my time spreading the truth about Paypal as much as possible.

Login to Me Too

Robbie153
Contributor
Contributor
Paypal has held my money for over 7 months now and it's not right. I've been messaging there help center and all I get is the run around. I'm going to call my lawyer. I needed this money for a while now
Login to Me Too

funkybrew75
Contributor
Contributor

They are holding up my money for a product that never delivered. They have moved the resolution date 3 times now. It is now pushed out to over 2 months from when I escalated it to a claim (which was 20 days after I originally filed a problem). I finally tried to call to expedite this process, but found that "because of Corona virus" they have completely closed their Customer Service phone bank.  They don't have live chat and their email replies are automated, so I guess we are to assume that this GIGANTIC billion-dollar company is operating without a Customer Service Department at all? 

Login to Me Too

homerlea
Contributor
Contributor

If you want to read a sick joke read PayPal's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics   I tried to paste in the URL but they blocked it here. Try searching for it on Google.

Login to Me Too

Dell14z
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Their live message system is working. You’ll get incorrect information but it is open
Login to Me Too

P-ode
Contributor
Contributor

On Bloomberg.com: “PayPal up 13% as Morgan <removed> says April really took off...” Disgusting! They seem to be ripping people off left and right with absolutely no way to contact them except through **bleep** automated messages. I’ve been scammed by a company from China. No help from PayPal. I’m ready to cut them loose. Is there something else out there similar that keeps your info private? I don’t even trust PayPal anymore. I wish all of PayPal users would come together and SHUT THEM DOWN!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.