Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class action suit against paypal

SOLVED
carrottipped
Contributor

Re: Class action suit against paypal

I was under the impression that Paypal has a clause banning group lawsuits. This is from 2012 : "On November 1st, PayPal will follow Sony, Microsoft, Netflix, and many others in banning class action lawsuits by customers. Its new terms of service require any disputes between a user and PayPal to be resolved with arbitration, or in small claims court if they qualify. Unless users send a written opt-out notice, they’ll be barred from group suits in the US, something that’s become increasingly common for companies since last year."

You can file a claim in Small Claims court, and it's pretty straightforward.

THAT SAID, I will research this written opt-out notice and see  what is actually required. I appreciate you sharing here, and I will keep my eye out for your responses and any information!

Lehtusbphree
Contributor

How can I be apart of this or who can I talk to die more info.
Alove386
Contributor

Same here! Please let me know if you receive any resolution. I’m working with my lawyer now
Temp20210222b
Contributor

Who is the attorney
Gabbi513
Contributor

In case I get kicked out I wanted you to have my information.  My name is Barbara <removed> they won't allow me to share my email address After a bunch of back and forth and even an email from the vendor saying they would refund my money Paypal emailed me this morning saying my claim was denied.  I gave them a few choice words and told them I was contacting my bank.  I know for sure if the bank gets in volved PayPal will discontinue my membership and I'd have no way of getting in touch with you.  I am in as far as the class action suit is concerned this is the 2nd claim of mine they have denied.  What about the promise to cover our purchases.  Now they want to turn their backs on the BACKS of ALL OF US WHO HAVE HELPED TO MAKE THEM A SUCCESS.  Hogwash.  I will not roll over.  I need my money just like the next person

Dell14z
Frequent Contributor

The media is investigating this. I was contacted by the media for a statement about the issues raised here.  Check your email for the email. 

Gabbi513
Contributor

<removed> it won't let me send email address I've been sick with Covid19 too many emails to search

LSweet1
Contributor

Number please... mine i[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]/p>

LSweet1
Contributor

I have had to legit claims denied and my bank told me had I only connected my debit card and not my bank account that they could have recovered a very large amount of money that I lost in a recent scam where the seller insisted we use PayPal because she knew some things about them that I did not know that they will allow such scams.  Lovestin[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]/p>

LSweet1
Contributor

I am now about to seek an attorney against PayPal.  If your attorney is interested in a 2nd individual suit then please give him my contact info. [Removed. Phone #s not permitted]/p>