Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class action suit against paypal

SOLVED
carrottipped
Contributor

Re: Class action suit against paypal

I am going through this exact same thing. I filed a claim with Paypal, but bc the Seller provided Paypal with a tracking number the case was closed- twice- in the seller's favor. The tracking number the seller gave to Paypal said that something was delivered- but I haven't been able to determine the name and address on this alleged delivery. Also this number that the seller gave Paypal is not the tracking number that was attached to the original invoice from a resale website. I am investigating the tracking number with USPS, but paypal has been very BOT-like in their responses to me. I will be taking this injustice ALL THE WAY. Paypal claims to provide investigation into fraudulent activities, but I have not seen any sort of investigation or earnest due diligence. I wrote to Paypal claim-appeals email address requesting all the documentation regarding my case. Once I receive it, I will take it to my attorney and this will become what I do with my time everyday. I am beyond angry. 

gosabgo
Contributor

No need for a lawsuit - had the proper people behind me and got my refund.

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor

@gosabgo 

Excellent.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
av8or
Contributor

That is great, in my case they decided against their own Buyer Protection.
Perhaps lawsuit is the only option?

totalholistic
Contributor

I'm currently weighing my options. I was told I can't transfer money because of Paypal's system and then after being sent to merchant technical support, I was told something different. Seems like they're playing a game or something. I'm looking at my options. 

LSweet1
Contributor

Please advise for you did this.  I just got scammed for a considerable amount of money by a China company.  This company said PayPal never even contacted them about the dispute.  My bank told me to immediately remove my checking account number and to only use a debit card with PayPal. That they could have reversed the charges had I not allowed them to do automatic draft. 

Temp20201216ap
Contributor

I sold and expensive item on PayPal and they claimed they were "withholding funds" until proof of delivery of the item, which is crap since I have been an active member for 20 years. Now the item is two weeks delivered and they still haven't released the funds - even though they say they will within one day after proof of delivery. As this company has gotten bigger, they have gotten more corrupt.

Paipalwillpai

Lot of simps here for Paypal. The simple fact is it is still possible to pursue a class action against this crooked and rotten company. They cannot just break the law and think they can hide behind some sort of one side agreement that users either agree to or forfeit their money to these thieves. 

Payenemy better hope they can still be sued otherwise what will the people resort to when a company gets a little too big for its britches.

Mullen12

Limitations on my account. They refunded me £30.00 but they won't let me transfer money so no point keeping this account. I have tried EVERYTHING possible to gain help but going round in circles. It's £30pounds of my money so I want it. How can I sort this out with no one to talk to ? I can't recieve or transfer money as they have said they can no longer use this service so how can I get to my money? Please help.
amleonetti

Paypal is nothing but a crocked.. horrible company. I have been fighting then for weeks!! Their so called solutions they offer via their generic unhelpful messaging center never work. Conviently when I've tried to apply their fix the website says they are experiencing technical difficulties. I rendered services .. they changed it to items needing shipped. But I don't have anything to ship!! I try to update it to "no shipping required" but it won't let me. I hate paypal. They should be banned!!!