Class action suit against paypal

Lisha3
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone filed a class action suit against PayPal for keep their money? The customer service with PayPal is horrible, and PayPal owes me money.

Login to Me Too
103 REPLIES 103

deadonsurplus
Contributor
Contributor

count me in just froze my acct and denied funds for 180 days 15 year member, they violated the terms of the previous class action case which makes them now liable for a NEW ONE   <removed>

Login to Me Too

Temp20210222b
Contributor
Contributor
Ok folks so what are we waiting for. LET'S GET A LAWSUIT started.
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20210222b 

You can start an individual law suit if you want to but others have spoken to lawyers who won't touch it as paypal are doing exactly what is agreed in their legal user agreement.

You may spend out a few thousand more in legal fees than what paypal have held though.

But you can't do a class action law suit anymore as per link.

https://www.theverge.com/2012/10/17/3511792/paypal-class-action-suit-ban

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Océane9
New Community Member
Je veut des cartes bancaires
Login to Me Too

temp20210319a
Contributor
Contributor

Oh look a PayEnemy simp. Like a little cockroach. Too bad it does not know what it is talking about. Some shove something in it and shut it up.

Login to Me Too

Lehtusbphree
Contributor
Contributor
Class action lawsuit needs to start now because cryptocurrency is not being paid out all these other new add-ins are not working getting cut in touch with customer service so I trying to get in touch with aliens so what part are they doing right I'm looking up how to start a class action lawsuit because they are stealing people's money illegally they said they're not going to start charging until 2021 for the crypto they're going to wait until 2021 so they can charge you for selling crypto I got a lot of money tied up I can't get it out
Login to Me Too

carrottipped
Contributor
Contributor

I am going through this exact same thing. I filed a claim with Paypal, but bc the Seller provided Paypal with a tracking number the case was closed- twice- in the seller's favor. The tracking number the seller gave to Paypal said that something was delivered- but I haven't been able to determine the name and address on this alleged delivery. Also this number that the seller gave Paypal is not the tracking number that was attached to the original invoice from a resale website. I am investigating the tracking number with USPS, but paypal has been very BOT-like in their responses to me. I will be taking this injustice ALL THE WAY. Paypal claims to provide investigation into fraudulent activities, but I have not seen any sort of investigation or earnest due diligence. I wrote to Paypal claim-appeals email address requesting all the documentation regarding my case. Once I receive it, I will take it to my attorney and this will become what I do with my time everyday. I am beyond angry. 

Login to Me Too

Wilto
Contributor
Contributor

Do NOT worry about a class action - it would be a waste of time. The best solution is to limit you use of PayPal to small purchases and limit its use. As it has continued to vary its legal agreement with its Users its has become useless and responsible for nothing. Its Dispute centre does not have download capabilities for photos, no real contact and is not customer service friendly. It needs an enormous shake up. It is now a case of Buyer Beware.  In my case PayPal did nothing for months to retrieve a small amount of money after a case of fraud - however my credit card supplier recoveried the money in one week.  A use PayPal infrequently, which is a pity because it has the infrastucture to be a great Organisation.

Login to Me Too

Kel2222
Contributor
Contributor
Hi good evening I have an issue with PayPal been going on 2 weeks I sent them all my information passport next minute they say oh I have funds that was sent to me for family and friends they put that on hold and I saw the item for a transmission for $2,500 now that's a whole damn reason after the two weeks I emailed them after the 10th time I sent them a document of my passport the next day after I call customer service they sent me email this morning around 6:00 this morning saying oh we found out you are a liability and we're going to close we don't want to do business with you no more and 180 days will send you an email about for you trying to get your funds I'm like this is nonsense I have 4,000 in there I'm 4500 exact and you tell me I got to wait 180 days this is banana I think PayPal's pulling some type of game on people close your account and the next minute they're going to hold your funds what they trying to do build interest so you forget I need some help in pointers to guide me please let me know
Login to Me Too

I hate and will do anything to see paypal ruined and see them pay for what they have done to me and others 

they froze my account with all my entire business funds coming into covid and that was the end of my business i couldn't pay for my stock to forward to my customers and every cent i had left in the bank  i had to use to try refund as many as i could and that saw me bankrupt and i lost my home to the bank wand the end of my marriage and now im living in a mens boarding house and having to live off $30 a day to pay my rent buy food and bills..

i have the simplest way to hurt pay poal and that is for everyone to boycott and stop using paypal 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.