Class action suit against paypal

Lisha3
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone filed a class action suit against PayPal for keep their money? The customer service with PayPal is horrible, and PayPal owes me money.

Login to Me Too
103 REPLIES 103

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@chrismills8282 

Not sure Paypals 429 million users will agree with you.

Paypal does not ban users for no reason, what would be the point? They want to encourage folks to use Paypal as that is how they make their money.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

n0rg
Contributor
Contributor

Wow, how the hell can a company tell anyone they won't allow a class action lawsuit. I would say what they wrote in the NDA would be null and void by any self-respecting judge.  /Roy

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@n0rg 

Think the Supreme Court outranks a judge, and I think paypals lawyers may have checked it was legal before citing it.

https://www.latimes.com/business/la-xpm-2011-apr-28-la-fi-court-class-action-20110428-story.html

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

gosabgo
Contributor
Contributor

No need for a lawsuit - had the proper people behind me and got my refund.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gosabgo 

Excellent.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

av8or
Contributor
Contributor

That is great, in my case they decided against their own Buyer Protection.
Perhaps lawsuit is the only option?

Login to Me Too

totalholistic
Contributor
Contributor

I'm currently weighing my options. I was told I can't transfer money because of Paypal's system and then after being sent to merchant technical support, I was told something different. Seems like they're playing a game or something. I'm looking at my options. 

Login to Me Too

LSweet1
Contributor
Contributor

Please advise for you did this.  I just got scammed for a considerable amount of money by a China company.  This company said PayPal never even contacted them about the dispute.  My bank told me to immediately remove my checking account number and to only use a debit card with PayPal. That they could have reversed the charges had I not allowed them to do automatic draft. 

Login to Me Too

cchien777
Contributor
Contributor

Remove credit number or bank account number (if you are allowed to do at all) are not going to help if PayPal place a negative balance by "withdrawing" money from your account, that in my case.  They will most likely to force you to add fund to your account to resolve negative balance or to send a debt collector going after you.

Login to Me Too

Please tell me who the proper people while I’m in USA. They’ve held my money from my insurance company for five days and they will not give me a legit answer as to why I’m having problems transferring it to my bank account or any of my cards. I see now I can’t do a lawsuit against them so what should I do.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.