Class action suit against paypal

Lisha3
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone filed a class action suit against PayPal for keep their money? The customer service with PayPal is horrible, and PayPal owes me money.

Login to Me Too
103 REPLIES 103

AdamBarbarian
Contributor
Contributor
It is now. They are holding back billions in stimulus payments after promising faster stimulus payments.
Login to Me Too

Katkat33
You write like your from PayPal. PayPal needs to go under they have horrible customer service. And not know what they are even talking about on the phone.
Login to Me Too

ClassAction2021
Contributor
Contributor

A new class action is being prepare along with a state action for relief, claiming fraud in the State of North Carolina. Plaintiffs are seeking 1.6 Billion in mitigating damages.

Login to Me Too

carrottipped
Contributor
Contributor

I was under the impression that Paypal has a clause banning group lawsuits. This is from 2012 : "On November 1st, PayPal will follow Sony, Microsoft, Netflix, and many others in banning class action lawsuits by customers. Its new terms of service require any disputes between a user and PayPal to be resolved with arbitration, or in small claims court if they qualify. Unless users send a written opt-out notice, they’ll be barred from group suits in the US, something that’s become increasingly common for companies since last year."

You can file a claim in Small Claims court, and it's pretty straightforward.

THAT SAID, I will research this written opt-out notice and see  what is actually required. I appreciate you sharing here, and I will keep my eye out for your responses and any information!

Login to Me Too

Lehtusbphree
Contributor
Contributor
How can I be apart of this or who can I talk to die more info.
Login to Me Too

mcornish86

whats the link?

Login to Me Too

mcornish86

whats the link or how to sign up for class actin lawsuit

Login to Me Too

Haha254
Contributor
Contributor
That while it may seem binding it isn't. The second they break the rules so can you not to mention if arbitration fails. You can not deprive somebody of justice. It's a fundamental liberty.
Login to Me Too

Alove386
Contributor
Contributor
Same here! Please let me know if you receive any resolution. I’m working with my lawyer now
Login to Me Too

Temp20210222b
Contributor
Contributor
Who is the attorney
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.