Class Action against PayPal covering fraudolent companies

Klark64
Contributor
Contributor

I'm one of the hundreds, thousands of people that had lost money and time buying items through PayPal, items that didn't arrive at all, or that were completely different. We raised a dispute on Paypal and, as a result, we only had more frustration.

PayPal is backing these companies' fraudulent behaviour, making money with it.

PayPal is ignoring us, ignoring the Law, and we need to stop this.

Let's put together our efforts to raise a Class Action against PayPal to stop this s**t.

If you want to be part of it and claim your money, please contact <removed> with subject 'classaction'.

Fight for your rights!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Klark64 

You won't be able to......

https://www.theverge.com/2012/10/17/3511792/paypal-class-action-suit-ban

Paypal gives you some buyer protection but the onus is on all of us to risk assess our own transactions.

Do not buy from these...........

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

HOWEVER you may still have the option to do a charge back if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card.
Also Paypal may contribute towards return costs IF you have activated the below link (if available in your country).
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Klark64
Contributor
Contributor

If this was to discourage a class action against PayPal, now I'm definitively more committed to it.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Klark64 

Well personally I for one could not care less if you waste your time or not, its irrelevant to me.

I just posted that information to save you wasting your time but hey if you want to then go for it.

Personally i take responsibility for my own actions, and don't blame a payment processor for my bad decisions.

But i guess reading is not your strong point as you have been told you LEGALLY cannot do something but want to try anyway, so I will leave it to your lawyer to inform you.

Good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Klark64
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal is backing a fraud. I would say, thousands of fraudulent companies. These are facts.

I would find a court and a judge that will stop this, and it will be very expensive for PayPal.

I would share these facts in all possible ways, including social networks. Everyday.

I would look for another job, maybe with a company that is working legally, it is not good for our karma.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Klark64 

🤣

I have a job thanks and its not with Paypal .....as reading is not your strong point I suggest you look up the word ''volunteer and voluntary advice'' and then whilst you are at it look up ''community user to user help forum''.

Get your lawyer to try and explain it to you at the same time he explains why you can't open a class action lawsuit.  🤔

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.