Class Action Lawsuit

Spkrohn
Contributor
Contributor

With all the fraud and mishandling of funds that PayPal seems to do, maybe we should all get together and start a class action suit against them.  No banking institution can refund your money to a person 3 months after you sold the item like they did me.  I am sure several of you have had the same type of experience with them.

Just a thought.

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

Mdfreeze
Contributor
Contributor
The sad truth is they get away with whatever they want to because they have cornered the market early on for their services and people put up with it because they don’t have much choice. That is also why they are able to continue to take advantage of their customers because they know that we need them as bad as they need us. Smh. I’ve worked in banking for 35 years and along the way have dealt with several big-name bags as well as many small ones and I have never seen practices that are so egregious and unethical in all of my years. I will be sure from here on out that now that I’ve personally experienced the horror that is PayPal to let everybody in my circle snow just stay away and I will cease to do business with them personally as well as professionally .
Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

The problem is the credit card rule,a cardholder can file chargeback in 180 days,and many Paypal buyers use their credit cards to pay you.

If they lose ,they will turn around and file chargeback and if they win,you pay $20 chargeback fee to them,plus lose the merchandise and the money 

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

Personally I think 180 days is ridiculous,if there is something wrong with what you bought or paid for,it does not take 180 days to find out the item is defective.

Login to Me Too

jr47
Contributor
Contributor

If in United States call or text this attorney 413 233 6356.  PayPal was recently sued for these very same practices See Zepeda v. PayPal.   

Login to Me Too

wThompson
Contributor
Contributor

I am definitely interested. Please have her get in touch with me. [Removed] and it is a gmail.

Login to Me Too

Jobo82
Contributor
Contributor

Can anyone tell me if the class action is still on the table?

On December 23rd I had some fraudulent charges on my Bank of America credit card. I filed the online fraud report thing and approved a $70 charge that was mislabeled as a possible fraud charge. That charge I made to RSI which is the game developers for Star Citizen. So that $70 was basically a donation from me for the project as well as to upgrade a ship of mine. Unfortunately, Bank of America accidentally disputed that charge with Paypal as well and that was the start of my horrific nightmare dealing with Paypal. I managed to get my account limitations lifted, however still to this day Paypal outright refuses to close the dispute case for that $70.

I've been on the phone with Bank of America since day one and have talked to accounting and their fraud department reps 3 times. Since the first day of contacting BoA on the phone, I had the dispute lifted off that $70 charge since it was in fact legitimate. I even received legal documentation in the mail from BoA stating everything is OK and that the merchant should receive their funds......that's Bank of America mind you.

Think Paypal listened and did their job? Oh no no no. What Paypal has done is for the past 2-3 weeks refused outright to do their job, constantly placing blame on the credit card company and gone out of their way to be as unhelpful as they possibly can. I've contacted chat support, I spoken to people via email and called them directly 3 times. Every single time resulted in the same thing--reading off or copy/pasting the same generic block of text and that's about it. I called back BoA begging them to help, and the guy I spoke to said there is nothing left they can do other than file a complaint on their end against Paypal and was told at this rate I might as well try getting a friend in a 3-way phone call with Paypal to pretend to be BoA because it was quite obvious to BoA that neither electronic notification nor a legal black and white document officially from BoA is good enough for Paypal and Paypal will just constantly deny accepting anything Bank of America provides or tells them.

It was suggested that I try calling Paypal again and try talking to some sort of supervisor or management to have the case elevated. I tried that the other day. Was sat on the phone for nearly half an hour listening to the same 15 second tune to replay over and over and finally spoke to a representative in their accounts department who once more kept saying over and over the same generic off the page line of text and that there was nothing they could do. No matter how much I told them I had already done so 3 times and told him that BoA DID issue notice to Paypal that the charge is OK to let it go back through as well as prove a legal document in the mail proving all of this. All he did was that insincere generic customer support "I'm sorry" followed by ignoring everything I said and told me to just call BoA!?!  Not only this, but in addition to constantly being talked over by this idiot, but Paypal representatives outright refused to allow me to talk to any type of management or supervisor!!?! Oh yeah and the jerk was kind enough to let me know additionally it can take 2-3 months before they even decide to make a decision on my case. How nice of him...

I know it's only $70 measly dollars compared to most of the people involved with this class action lawsuit, but being disabled and on SSI, money is extremely difficult to come by and that $70 was also my birthday gift. And Paypal is holding it unfairly hostage.

Login to Me Too

OSV2
New Community Member

I am certain any investigation would reveal that PayPal is holding funds in an account to accumulate as much interest as possible before disbursing the funds to users.  I am in the middle of my second experience with this!  I am in on the creation of a multi-jurisdictional class action. 

Login to Me Too

Butters2274
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal is horrible. They think they can strong arm people because of their position. My email address is <removed>please feel free to contact me so we can proceed and discuss a class action lawsuit. Thanks

Login to Me Too

Goodbye2day
Contributor
Contributor

I’m in!

My wonderful surprise from paypal with zero notice...

Blocked mine because Paypal doesn’t like 1 knife i sell in my third party store and have been selling for 10 years using paypal. There are no complaints Paypal decided on their own that my knife was offending. Basically they feel they can walk in your store and tell you to stop selling something that is perfectly legal to sell. Then they stand on a vague at best policy... no list of offending knives, no description nothing... Then take my money for up to 180 days is criminal..

You would think maybe an email first and ask to remove the offending knife (like its their business) before you take my money like a robber with a gun, but no...

they are a pitiful corporation!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.