Clarification

Hairbrush
Contributor
Contributor

I have recently opened a dispute because I did not receive an item that I paid for.  The message I have got back from Paypal is

"This case will be auto-closed if it isn't resolved by 31st May.  Does this mean that I will get my money back?"

As far as I can tell the sender of my parcel has not responded yet.

Thanks 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Joy

Hi @Hairbrush,

I'm sorry to hear that you have not received an item you ordered. If you have opened a dispute for an item not received, the dispute will automatically close after 20 days unless it is escalated to a claim. If a dispute closes without being escalated, you will not be able to reopen it. You can learn how to escalate a dispute by visiting the link here.

Once escalated, the merchant will have 10 days to respond and provide tracking information. If they do not provide tracking information, showing the item is on its way to you, it is likely that the case will be automatically closed in your favor.

I hope this helps!

Joy
If you have found any post within the Community to be helpful, please leave a Kudos or Accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_Joy

Hi @Hairbrush,

I'm sorry to hear that you have not received an item you ordered. If you have opened a dispute for an item not received, the dispute will automatically close after 20 days unless it is escalated to a claim. If a dispute closes without being escalated, you will not be able to reopen it. You can learn how to escalate a dispute by visiting the link here.

Once escalated, the merchant will have 10 days to respond and provide tracking information. If they do not provide tracking information, showing the item is on its way to you, it is likely that the case will be automatically closed in your favor.

I hope this helps!

Joy
If you have found any post within the Community to be helpful, please leave a Kudos or Accept it as a Solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.