Claims dispute process question

takigama
Contributor
Contributor

So im stuck in the nightmare that is (so far) the claims dispute process with paypal. Bought a package from someone, it came through damaged, they reneged on the shipping insurance and after some time communicating with the seller gave up and went to paypal disputs. First of all I dispute the transaction and get a reply of "the seller has offered a refund of x" and X is about half of what it should have been - at this point I dont get a chance to say anything other than rejecting the offer - no opportunity to counter that or explain why im rejecting.

Fine. First time i've had to use the dispute process and I've got to say its quite poor to say the least.

I then get a reply back "return the full package for a full refund". This is difficult because the package came through damaged and is missing items and some items are damaged, on top of this it says "return it by X date". X happens to be 5 days away (taking into account we dont have post in Australia and I have to get a package from Australia to Hong Kong) this is unlikely.

I still, at this point cant reply with any questions in the claim, only thing Im allowed to do is submit tracking information. At this point I now "contact support" stating the same thing and get a form reply back with no useful information. My reply is "that really doesnt help" and they finally send me another reply with the exact same information in the dispute - equally useless.

So Im asking the community, when they say "return by X date", does this mean I need to have sent it by that date or they have to recieve it by then?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @takigama,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

When we ask you to return the item within a certain timeframe, it means that you have to ship it and provide a tracking number within that timeframe, not that the item needs to be delivered before that time. 

I hope this helps.

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.