Claiming money back from a possible dodgy company

pf65
New Community Member

Hi,

I ordered some tech stuff from what i thought was a legit UK based company, found out after they are HK based and don't get good reviews. I ordered a week ago and no goods yet received or the order even been shipped. I have tried to contact the company twice but no response. Is there anyway to claim my money back trhough paypal and cancel the order?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pf65 

Only the company can cancel the order and if you have ordered sadly tat from somewhere like China then as soon as you open a dispute for non receipt of item they will enter a tracking number so you lose that claim.

So best to wait for the item to come which can be weeks and then open one for non receipt of item BUT if you win the onus may be on you to return the item back to the seller trackable to prove delivery before you get a refund, if its to China that can be costly so i hope you have activated the 'return shipping on us option' on your paypal account to get some help on that.

OR the best option if they will do it is ask your card issuer to chargeback if you funded your paypal payment that way.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.