Claimed 5 unauthorized transactions from one night, only one was refunded, others closed

kclay0906
New Community Member

Within a 4 hour period between midnight and 4am I had FIVE transactions of amounts between $100 and $400 totaling $1400 total. I filed a dispute for unauthorized transactions for all 5 of these. Only one of the five were approved and refunded, but the other four weren't. the one approved was the biggest amount made in between the other transactions. It happened due to my facebook account being completely hacked and having absolutely no way to get back into it due to all addresses, phone numbers and any pin or second factor authentication changed instantly. After locking me out completely they used my messenger that was connected to my PayPal account to send payments to two different people adding up to $1400. Im unsure why only one of the transactions out of the 5 (all at the same period of time, same payment method) were refunded and the others "proved" legit. Waiting on customer service to call me back now.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.