Claim status changed and I lost my case

wingeo
Contributor
Contributor

Today, I lost my second claim against a fraudulent seller, all because PayPal changed my 'didn't receive item' claim to 'item different from originally described'.

I bought an item from a seller in China. Paid to PayPal and seller confirmed shipment and provided me with a tracking number, which I used to track a package until it arrived at a local post office. When I tried to take delivery of the package, I was shown a small package bearing the tracking number but it was not addressed to me. I could not take delivery of the package because it was addressed to no one (no named consignee) at a different address. Since I did not receive the package or my order, I filed 'didn't receive item' claim with PayPal but after a few, PayPal changed the status of my claim. Today PayPal decided in favor of the seller  and gave this reason 'This decision was made because if an item is materially similar to the seller's description, we do not consider it to be significantly not as described'.

In the first place, I did not received the item I bought. Why did PayPal change my claim status (as if I had received the merchandise but it was not as originally described)? 

I had been cheated by three separate sellers in China. They provided me with tracking numbers but all the related packages were not addressed to me. I filed two claims with PayPal and one with eBay but lost the cases with PayPal. PayPal has been so unfair to me and these will probably be my last transactions with PayPal/Ebay.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

mr052019
Contributor
Contributor

Just curious: why exactly they haged the status?

as you did  not receive the item,this is the 100% reason for returning your money.

And agree: the 'resolution center' works in extremely unfair and irresponsive / irresponsible manner. 

Login to Me Too

wingeo
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal does not seem to act rationally on any claim or dispute. Does it really study or investigate buyers' claims or simply concurs to sellers' response. I don't think PayPal really investigate claims by checking online the tracking numbers to see who is telling the truth. In my case, according to the tracking system, the package bearing the tracking number is still undelivered at the local post office because the address is fictitious. I don't know why PayPal changed the status of my 'didn't receive item' claim  to 'item not as originally described' when I did not received the package.

Login to Me Too

Alawadhi
Contributor
Contributor

yes i am 100% sure that PayPal not checking the shipping tracking system, my claim held up almost 2 months now and nothing happened, i send items back to the seller but seller not taking his items back and when you track the shipment it says everything and says must contact DHL but PayPal not doing anything and everything held up.....

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.