Claim resolution date keeps being extended

Rich0701
Contributor
Contributor
I made a purchase and waited for item to arrive. When it hadn’t arrived after 3 weeks I asked sender to provide proof of postage. Item was dispatched 17 January from China. Arrived in Canada and was processed on 27 january. After another week of waiting I asked seller to refund or send another item as the tracking had not changed since 27 January. It is obviously lost. Seller didn’t respond. Opened case with PayPal on 13 February and was given resolution date of 1 March. On 29 feb this was changed to 6 March, then to 10 March, 13 March and now it is 16 march. Nothing from seller except tracking which still has not changed. There is no reason given by PayPal for changing dates nor is there any way to ask questions. I have sent a couple of messages through the contact us button but have no responses. At what point do I give up on PayPal and go to my credit card company and request a refund?
Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

NickUK79
New Community Member

absolute joke how they handle these cases. It's the same for me....I'm assuming the seller not refunded paypal.  

Login to Me Too

loftwick
New Community Member

Hello

I have the same issue.

Seller mail out my package April 22, it is still on transition.

I believe the package has been lost or something.

I open the dispute on June 1st and it is still reviewing.

I believe PayPal does not have capability to review customers' cases in proper manner.

We as customers should not use PayPal service until they get back to normal conditions.

DK

Login to Me Too

Nancy2252
Contributor
Contributor

Me too. I am getting really fed up with it all now. Three times the resolution date has been extended, it shows still waiting for seller to respond. It is blatantly obvious to even a blind man that I have been scammed (ordered a food mixer, I was sent a cheap gold coloured plastic ring). I have sent everything over that they asked for, photos of items and the package which was a small plastic bag about 4” long, clearly shows tracking number and weight as 0.5kg. Anyone with half an ounce of sense could quite clearly see that a food mixer would not fit in a small bag and would weigh significantly more than 0.5 kg. What more do they need??

Login to Me Too

OzWizard1947
Same problem here. Opened a dispute in May. First date for resolution was July 1, then the 7th, then the 11th, 13th, 15th and now the 17th. Seller is sitting back laughing and PayPal is doing nothing.
Login to Me Too

Biddyp87
Contributor
Contributor

Unbelievable, I have a case that's been pushed so many times is becoming ridiculous, the fact that I've been waiting since Jun 5th and gets pushed 5 days every week is beyond me.  I have filed every single report, done all they ask, I recently filed an incidents report because I was told that's what they wanted but I was doing stupid IC3 reports as they asked. This dispute resolution has made unsupportive of PayPal, I still use it a lot and don't even file disputes, is like they want to believe but they don't want to repay, just charge the seller who scammed me, what a mess PayPal has become.

Login to Me Too

KEN86
Contributor
Contributor
Any update on your case? I have the same problem and they keep pushing it back all the time.
Login to Me Too

JacquiT10
Has anyone managed to get this sorted? I’m having the same problem and at a loss what to do next! X
Login to Me Too

MtnXfreeride
New Community Member
i am going through this also with the most clear cut case of scammer possible. Delayed at least 3 times so far that I screenshotted.. possibly more I didnt catch. Why is covid still an excuse? Let your people work from home and process cases, you've had 6 months to transition.. companies that cant react quick dont last.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.